Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf he admits he fucked up in the comments. 

Be interested to see if Ralston/Duffy being targeted is becoming a theme.

St Mirren definitely did it in the second half. Hamilton and Hearts were a bit too shite on the day to exploit it, but I'd be amazed if most teams haven't picked up that inside left (for them) channel as our weak point.  It's been mentioned on here  previously which might have put the guy from that site onto it to check out in more detail.

If this is definitely our strongest back 4 just now, then surely there would be merit in swapping Kerr and Duffy to balance the 'experience' a bit more.

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If this is definitely our strongest back 4 just now, then surely there would be merit in swapping Kerr and Duffy to balance the 'experience' a bit more.

Kerr was in that position for the first against hibs.......

The defence is fucking garbage, no getting away from it.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Agree. Kerr totally to blame for the first goal. No excuses because he lacked commitment going to head the ball. That is what he is there to do, simple. He then slips which he is prone to do. Never feel very happy watching him defend this season, very much a bomb scare. We so need a new Anderson type player.

22 minutes ago, akuram said:

Agree. Kerr totally to blame for the first goal. No excuses because he lacked commitment going to head the ball. That is what he is there to do, simple. He then slips which he is prone to do. Never feel very happy watching him defend this season, very much a bomb scare. We so need a new Anderson type player.

I'm not having a go at you in particular, but the past decade has been filled with folk moaning about Ando being "too weak"/"a bombscare", yet the same folk are now pining for him, despite the fact it's now that hes finished.

Wonder if it'll be the same with folk like Wotherspoon when they finish up.

No, we need a new Wright type player.

I'm not having a go at you in particular, but the past decade has been filled with folk moaning about Ando being "too weak"/"a bombscare", yet the same folk are now pining for him, despite the fact it's now that hes finished.
Wonder if it'll be the same with folk like Wotherspoon when they finish up.
Correct. I was a massive Ando fan, but he wasn't a leader. Anderson was at his best when Duberry or Wright were there to coax him through matches.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

2 hours ago, akuram said:

Yes Kerr was shocking for the first goal on Saturday.  But the fact is that he's still head and shoulders above Duffy right now.

10 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes Kerr was shocking for the first goal on Saturday.  But the fact is that he's still head and shoulders above Duffy right now.

It's a sad indictment of where we are when a Kerr performing worse than Ando at his bomb scare best is regarded as our best CB. Fucking shocking state of affairs,  get it sorted you big Irish b*****d.

Not you Paulo, I know you're not irish.

What my post was meant to point out was we need a new strong centre back to take control of the defence. Ando has been a major part in our defence and his presence is sorely missed. He has been great for saints.

Reiterates my rant about our inability to defend the front post or make enough effort to stop the ball coming into the box. 3 of the 4 goals pretty much from the same spot middle of goal. 

Something i notice too our strikers are never in that area when the ball comes in. Get in-between the posts! 

Thank f**k there's no Saints game tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Sainty Saint said:

Davidson  Weir and Mackay, love to see a management team out of that.

No idea why but that idea gives me the fear. 

Raith on Alba in 15 minutes, no checked the lineup but think Ando will be playing. Interested to see how he gets on.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/richard-foster-i-get-abused-everywhere-do-i-have-a-face-everyone-loves-to-hate-d2tb6mh79

Richard Foster: "I get abused everywhere. Do I have a face everyone loves to hate?"

Well apart from your fucking shite hair and inability to control your emotions the reason you get abuse from Saints fans is cause your wife is a fucking moron who havours absolute pish. 

Hope that clears it up for you Richard. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/richard-foster-i-get-abused-everywhere-do-i-have-a-face-everyone-loves-to-hate-d2tb6mh79
Richard Foster: "I get abused everywhere. Do I have a face everyone loves to hate?"
Well apart from your fucking shite hair and inability to control your emotions the reason you get abuse from Saints fans is cause your wife is a fucking moron who havours absolute pish. 
Hope that clears it up for you Richard. 

Interviews like that do him no favours at all. I can’t help but think he enjoys the attention.

He really should just focus on Ross County, where the fans have no issue with him or his wife whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Interviews like that do him no favours at all. I can’t help but think he enjoys the attention.

If course he loves the attention :lol: theres a pre-season photo of us training going about where the whole team are jogging around the pitch. Foster has his dyed hair, sleeves rolled up to show off his tattoos, and is staring directly at the camera smirking.

Our fans turned on him a long time ago. He regularly spent games hurling abuse at fellow players in front of our support, most well over a line, and he continued that even when it was younger players. If he had a poor run of form he wouldnt hide, he'd just ramp up the bile he'd scream at team mates. Theres was one or two occasions he'd tell Saints supporters to f**k off if we were losing, he had the infamous fight with Swanson, he embarrassed the club regularly with pathetic childish actions like breaking down refs doors. He compounded all this by, allegedly, verbally abusing our manager at a time when we desperately needed experienced players to stand up and help the younger players, and his wife spent the next month ripping the pish out the Saints support and manager, publicly. 

He brings the abuse on himself, frankly. Literally every Saints fan hated him but simply accepted it as he was a cracking right back.

Theres your Efe Ambrose being linked to us in the papers, along with Hibs.

Hes clearly an upgrade on Duffy, but I'm.not convinced hes the answer. Kerr is already prone to getting caught out of position and Ambrose is the same, so we could end up with both CBs chasing wingers regularly.