Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Belfast Live, who seem to have known everything about it so far, say Wright isnt in the running for job. 

Between Baraclough and Robinson according to them.

Wonder what TW does now. Perfect job at the perfect time, missed.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

I've not had a season ticket for a decade since moving to Glasgow. I'll be supporting the club and taking an east stand seat. Is Saints TV reliable in terms of streaming stability etc?

44 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

I'm doing the same, don't know how good the streaming is, I bought Saints TV in April for the same reason.

It's been very good.

Not Sky levels of production but I've never had any issues with lagging or poor quality images.

Only potentially problem will be the viewers all using the site will likely rocket, so no idea how well it would cope. Think @realmadrid would be far more knowledgeable about it than me.

Good news for Baraclough is that 5th place in a six-team group, with no wins in 5 games, is clearly considered as doing well by the IFA. So he shouldn't be under much pressure. 

Astonishing that they consider him a better candidate than Tommy Wright.

Genuinely thought if it wasn't TW that it would be Robinson. 

I'd hazard a guess that increases traffic would be fine. Whoever hosts it for Saints probably does so via a cloud service.  I'd imagine the company hosting it will do so for other clubs so have experience with handling bigger traffic than the numbers we'll provide. 

If it's cloud based as well it should have the ability to scale up performance itself based on demand. 

Reckon some of us will be allowed in relatively early into the season anyway. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Good news for Baraclough is that 5th place in a six-team group, with no wins in 5 games, is clearly considered as doing well by the IFA. So he shouldn't be under much pressure. 

Astonishing that they consider him a better candidate than Tommy Wright.

Genuinely thought if it wasn't TW that it would be Robinson. 

A NI journalist was tweeting earlier about them wanting someone who knew how O'Neill worked to come in and just continue it.

Similar situation to us and them maybe in terms of not choosing the manager with the best pedigree available, but simply choosing the best fit.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our fucking fans man.

The 250 was just an example.

Aren't you missing the guy's point?

I don't think he's querying the number allowed, as Saints won't  have a lot of say over that.  He's saying for the first game it should be first 250 renewals, for the second game renewals 251-500, third game 501-750 etc is he not?

I'm guessing that will surely be the case, but it maybe doesn't read that way:

It may be that the number of Season Ticket holders outweighs the permitted attendees due to continued restrictions on attendance. If attendance is limited, the allocation will be based on the earliest renewals. For example, if there were only 250 attendees permitted then the allocation would be offered to the first 250 renewals etc.

As Steve McQueen says though, hopefully restrictions will enable all home fans that want to go get access.  Be decent watching Saints v one of the OF with 100% Saints fans in attendance!

First year of online renewals for season tickets through the website isn't it? Anticipating a crash after the first few visitors on morning of the 1st.

I would doubt very much you have the in-depth knowledge of every signing to make a sound judgement.
They have signed players in positions we don't need signings for just now. In the current financial climate I'd rather sign players in positions we need to strengthen.

11 hours ago, Yorky said:

I would doubt very much you have the in-depth knowledge of every signing to make a sound judgement.

Tbf it's not as if they're unknowns.

Fox is perennially shite and you'll spend all season hoping he doesnt play.

Lamie was back up at Livingston.

O'Hara will never be more than a "useful option" to just batter about midfield, and is unlikely to ever be a meaningful player over the course of a season. Paying a fee for him is mental. 

Jordan White similar to our spell of signing a big huddy target man to play 5 minutes when you're losing. He couldnt bag double figures for a team 2and in the Championship. 

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Aren't you missing the guy's point?

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Think this is quite harsh

I was on a dog walk and didnt actually read his tweet that well, tbh.

Actually gutted and angry that it doesn’t look like Tommy is getting the Northern Ireland job.

Imagine even contemplating Ian Baraclough over him. He’s clearly got a better pedigree than Robinson, but if he didn’t get the job because they gave it to Robinson instead you could at least understand, but this is the biggest travesty since the ending of Game of Thrones. Fizzing.
On the bright side at least it means I can still want them to get beat every game. 

I feel Tommy’s missed the boat with his age and the media viewing him as a football dinosaur.

I’d imagine he’ll quite easily pick up the Linfield job when Healy decides to move on.

Aside from thinking he deserved the job, part of the reason I hoped Gerry and Patrick would give Tommy Wright the job is that it means there isn't a cloud hanging over us, it was the clean break we needed and we could forget about him. 

Whilst he's available there is always going to be a trepidation about where he might end up. Worse still, if he goes to United (I don't think he will as he won't be what they are looking for), we'll spend half the season with one eye on what he's doing.

I do agree with @mizfit though that there is probably quite a narrow window for him to move up the ladder or it'll be Linfield.

I wonder if Tommy Wright will get another job?

The perception over his style of football and not giving youth a chance seems to be spread wide and far.

Factor in his age (isn't fashionable to appoint older managers these days), I just have a gut feeling we may not see him managing again.

We had Danny Swanson on our podcast earlier this week. He talked about his three spells at St Johnstone, the incident with Foster, being booed off in his first game and the goal at Celtic Park. It's worth a listen!

Anchor.fm/letitbrfc

16 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

The perception over his style of football and not giving youth a chance seems to be spread wide and far.

Factor in his age (isn't fashionable to appoint older managers these days), I just have a gut feeling we may not see him managing again.

I might be wrong but I'm not sure he would be too bothered.

He quit Ballymena stating that full time management was stressing him out and affecting his personal life, and that his personal life would always be more important than football.

Just wonder if hes hit the point where spending your late 50s/60s with your family, at home, is far more appealing than any job that could be offered to him.

It's quite unbelievable.Screenshot_20200625-163638.jpg