Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

58 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Hopefully Clownshoes Clark watches some footage of Peter Schmeichel on his giant telly.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Of course, as shown by @RandomGuy. last night, we only need to concede 2 shots on target to concede with Clark in goal, so a good start would be replacing him ASAP.

FWIW, and still excluding last night, the league average since 16/17 is 3.57 per goal, and Saints average (excluding Clark this season) is 3.41.

Clark 1.88 this season before tonight, and was 2.65 last season. Mannus in 16/17 was conceding every 4.28, Clark has never bettered that.

It's not even the number of shots, while I know that's used to provide context and to provide some evidence...

The most obvious evidence for me is the fact he's regularly gifting goals away from shots that are simple saves. Punching crosses backwards etc. It's a wee bit pathetic what hope do we have as a team if  what should be a simple save consistently ends up in the net?

Spends more time tweeting about Nicola Sturgeon than he does focusing on his game that's for sure. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

That floor of Zander's looks like an abattoir, hope he has underfloor heating installed.

Yeah it gives off some heavy Patrick Bateman vibes, I think.

Little use for a reflective floor apart from being able to see your reflection as you smash someone's skull in on the floor.

15 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It's not even the number of shots, while I know that's used to provide context and to provide some evidence...

The most obvious evidence for me is the fact he's regularly gifting goals away from shots that are simple saves. Punching crosses backwards etc. It's a wee bit pathetic what hope do we have as a team if  what should be a simple save consistently ends up in the net?

Spends more time tweeting about Nicola Sturgeon than he does focusing on his game that's for sure. 

Yeah the stats can misguide you a bit.

For example, the first goal yesterday, on paper, will show Clark making a save, then conceding a high xG shot. If you hadn't watched the game, you'd say he had no chance of stopping the goal.

This is wildly wrong.

Wish there was a "spilled shot leading to goal" type figure tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah the stats can misguide you a bit.

For example, the first goal yesterday, on paper, will show Clark making a save, then conceding a high xG shot. If you hadn't watched the game, you'd say he had no chance of stopping the goal.

This is wildly wrong.

Wish there was a "spilled shot leading to goal" type figure tbh.

He's done it time and again, parries the ball straight back or too weakly to the side to clear the goal area.

2 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

He's done it time and again, parries the ball straight back or too weakly to the side to clear the goal area.

Reckon most of them are low shots?

Sure someone on here had mentioned they thought a lot of his issues were he couldn't react to low shots quick enough, first goal probably a really good example of that.

Sure someone on here had mentioned they thought a lot of his issues were he couldn't react to low shots quick enough, first goal probably a really good example of that.
The worst example was Cosgrove for Aberdeen in the game we ended up with nine men. I swear Zander was still diving for it when Hendry was getting shown the red card in the second half. And the ref thought Callum was fucking late???

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've ranted about it a few times. Again, not based on any facts just opinion.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

He needs to take up yoga. He's VERY susceptible to shots close to his body/where he's standing. One of the least mobile goalies I've ever seen. 

It always surprises me how inflexible professional athletes are, also if they can't dance they'll likely be shite with a ball.

Agreed - you should get him the Ryan Giggs yoga DVD for Christmas. Couldn’t recommend it enough. He can play it on his big TV.