Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Nicky Clark - 2025

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 + 1 - on loan at Linfield 

Theo Bair - 2024

Taylor Steven - 2023 (?) - on loan at East Fife 

think this is still correct, thought it would be worth putting the list up going into January. 

So bloated and so much shite. Honestly can’t fathom how we’re not bottom, never mind a point off third. 

Updated with Kucheriavyi’s new contract and Ballantyne returning to the club. 

Sinclair isn't going to end up in goal. Davidson generally doesn't take risks throwing young players in. Generally, he doesn't play them at all. 

If Remi goes, Parish without doubt in my eyes be playing until we find another goalkeeper. 

Sinclair would be recalled but not to play. If they signed a replacement he'd return to his loan again as well. 

It's more than likely I imagine they have plans for him to be out on loan again next season at a level higher than he is now. Can't see Davidson going from him playing in League 1 to our first choice. If it goes wrong as well, it could be something he doesn't come back from. Jack Hamilton style. He'll be made to bide his time, like Clark was. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

26 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Sinclair isn't going to end up in goal. Davidson generally doesn't take risks throwing young players in.

Unless theyre on loan, for some reason.

33 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It's more than likely I imagine they have plans for him to be out on loan again next season at a level higher than he is now. 

This is what we should be doing, but under Davidson this has been horribly mismanaged for all our younger players. Players just keep going back to the same clubs, there’s no sense of actual progression.

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

"His brother plays in the Premier League in England, so he must be good as well?"

Ah yes, straight from the Martindale playbook of last season :D The name Chukwuemeka will haunt me for the rest of my days, what a useless player he was

43 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Ah yes, straight from the Martindale playbook of last season :D The name Chukwuemeka will haunt me for the rest of my days, what a useless player he was

I raise you Lars Dendoncker. Brother of ex Wolves and current Villa player Leander Dendoncker. Many international caps for Belgium.

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I raise you Lars Dendoncker. Brother of ex Wolves and current Villa player Leander Dendoncker. Many international caps for Belgium.

Been without a club since the Summer as he was diagnosed with myocarditis, interestingly enough.

A shame if it ends his career but zero clue if these things can be resolved/played with or not.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Been without a club since the Summer as he was diagnosed with myocarditis, interestingly enough.

A shame if it ends his career but zero clue if these things can be resolved/played with or not.

Not many clubs would touch him with that. Didn't know he'd had a health scare. Definitely a shame 🫤

Based on what we seen, his career wasn't likely to be at Saints type level but could see him still playing at a decent level. Could see him being solid at League 1 standard somewhere. Lower tier in Belgium maybe!

32 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not many clubs would touch him with that. Didn't know he'd had a health scare. Definitely a shame 🫤

Based on what we seen, his career wasn't likely to be at Saints type level but could see him still playing at a decent level. Could see him being solid at League 1 standard somewhere. Lower tier in Belgium maybe!

Felt he was lightweight but would come good if given a chance. 
Felt he was very unlucky to be sent back, would’ve liked him to hang around.

4 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

If Remi goes, Parish without doubt in my eyes be playing until we find another goalkeeper. 

Someone on WAP now saying Parish has been offered a coaching role elsewhere. 

Scenes when both Matthews and Parish leave this month.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Someone on WAP now saying Parish has been offered a coaching role elsewhere. 

Scenes when both Matthews and Parish leave this month.

I mean, it’s highly unlikely Matthews will be recalled as Palace have 3 other keepers. 

although, I am sniggering at the thought of Luncarty being asked to give back their 17 year old goalkeeper to sit on the bench while Jack Wills makes an unexpected debut against Livingston.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10017918/inside-rangers-ticket-talks-st-johnstone-fan-warned-backlash?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

The club told the FCU about their plans and they warned them about the reaction that would follow. 

They plowed ahead. I can be quite critical at the best of times but there seems to be a massive disconnect between what the club claim they want to be to be in terms of a community club versus how they actually behave. It's not the club doing the great stuff that the St Johnstone in the community are doing (they really do seem to care)

Am I the only one questioning some of the gestures done by the club. Things like visiting elderly or struggling fans during covid for example. Were those things happening because they genuinely care or because they seen is as the perfect opportunity for some good PR? 🫤 You don't take action like they have in this instance if there was real held respect for the fans. 

Does seem like we're looked upon as a means to generate income above all else. 

8 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Does seem like we're looked upon as a means to generate income above all else. 

Aye, the lack of response is dreadful.

The 3 stands thing is bad but theyve done that before to a mixed response, with some even preferring to be in one stand all together, so you can understand that decision to a degree.

The pricing you could call a mistake if you want, trying to maximise their income but not realising how strongly fans would feel about it. 

But to then just completely ignore a fan backlash, which is impossible for them to miss, to even just say you got it wrong and/or explain your reasoning. Thats dreadful and makes fans feel like nothing more than customers. Football clubs need fans to have an emotional attachment to them, otherwise the stark reality of throwing ~£20+ away to sit in the cold for 2 hours watching people kick a ball about will hit and people will realise theres better things to do. Acting the way they are is just going to disillusion people, people who will do something else when the Rangers game is on and maybe find they quite like it.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, the lack of response is dreadful.

The 3 stands thing is bad but theyve done that before to a mixed response, with some even preferring to be in one stand all together, so you can understand that decision to a degree.

The pricing you could call a mistake if you want, trying to maximise their income but not realising how strongly fans would feel about it. 

But to then just completely ignore a fan backlash, which is impossible for them to miss, to even just say you got it wrong and/or explain your reasoning. Thats dreadful and makes fans feel like nothing more than customers. Football clubs need fans to have an emotional attachment to them, otherwise the stark reality of throwing ~£20+ away to sit in the cold for 2 hours watching people kick a ball about will hit and people will realise theres better things to do. Acting the way they are is just going to disillusion people, people who will do something else when the Rangers game is on and maybe find they quite like it.

I wait in hope a response will come. Even if it's, okay we hear the feedback as there's probably not much they can do about it now that it's done. 

But yeah you're right. If you break that emotional connection people, especially after decisions like this fans will drift away and pick and choose when they come along. 

Also, for those with families or people who are potentially still in education. These prices are utterly unaffordable.

The only action they can take is to acknowledge the concerns and provide some clarity on future position. It's too late to do anything about it now, the horse has bolted. I'd love to know the rationale for this and the net retained income generated in reality vs what they modelled when coming to this decision.