Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Apparently you lot are on the radar for a group called Silverbear Capital, out of Hong Kong. Raith just ran them out after some bulls**t, and you might want to do the same. Lead guy is some shyster named Mike Dellios,who was running a shifty football academy in Glasgow (EVRO Pro Football), and working with Gordon Brown and George Fraser, seemingly mainly to get his kid a footballing gig.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Apparently you lot are on the radar for a group called Silverbear Capital, out of Hong Kong. Raith just ran them out after some bulls**t, and you might want to do the same. Lead guy is some shyster named Mike Dellios,who was running a shifty football academy in Glasgow (EVRO Pro Football), and working with Gordon Brown and George Fraser, seemingly mainly to get his kid a footballing gig.

Honestly sounds like my worst nightmare. 

Not sure the Browns would be interested though if they're basket case type owners. 

Been some suggestion they're keen to only sell locally. Not something I can say I know is true though 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Honestly sounds like my worst nightmare. 

Not sure the Browns would be interested though if they're basket case type owners. 

Been some suggestion they're keen to only sell locally. Not something I can say I know is true though 🤷‍♂️

I’ve heard slightly different. Heard that some Yanks made an enquiry.

8 hours ago, The Saintee said:

The way I remember it in his first season we were really poor up until the Killie game when we were 2-0 at half time then it all seemed to click and we won 2-3 and the rest is history. 

Basically a very good 3-4 months that resulted in two cups 😂 

But other than that it's been very mediocre.

It’s utterly shite that this is now becoming the general feeling…

31 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

It’s utterly shite that this is now becoming the general feeling…

I imagine theres still a fair chunk who think hes the right man, tbh.

Youve got folk who are now determined to be proved right so will defend him to the death, some fans who just wont criticise anything about the club ever who'll just go with whatever decision the club make, then some who believe our level is the 3rd tier so think we should just be thankful we're sharing a pitch with top flight sides.

Not that it matters, as hes here for years still so lets just hope something eventually clicks. More likely he sees this dip in form as a player issue, begs for more money and we chuck more money at over 30s because experience

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine theres still a fair chunk who think hes the right man, tbh.

Youve got folk who are now determined to be proved right so will defend him to the death, some fans who just wont criticise anything about the club ever who'll just go with whatever decision the club make, then some who believe our level is the 3rd tier so think we should just be thankful we're sharing a pitch with top flight sides.

Not that it matters, as hes here for years still so lets just hope something eventually clicks. More likely he sees this dip in form as a player issue, begs for more money and we chuck more money at over 30s because experience

I seen an interesting thread on Twitter last night which highlighted my own concerns. We had stumbled onto this very good way of playing pre-world cup and looked like we were competent. 

since then, we’ve gone massively backwards. It’s almost like an obsession with his formula and tactics is an issue. A major issue. 

Livingston on Saturday is now a massive game, we need the 3 points.

My most optimistic thought right now is with @RandomGuy.that there's probably the bones of a squad good enough to be challenging for top 6 and if there's not we can't be too far off. Allied to that, if we can find a buyer quickly, my strong feeling is that will see the back of Callum Davidson pretty sharpish. The worst thing that can happen for the club is for the sale to drag on, as that 100% means he stays in place. That means we flirt with relegation danger but it certainly continues what we've seen on the park. I just hope the Browns don't dig their heels in with unrealistic valuations. 

For me the writing was on the wall when we came back from the WC break, on a great run and in touching distance of 4th, possibly 3rd and in a press conference he comes out with 'the main oblective for this club is to stay in the league'. There's a time for that stuff, but there's a time to grab the momentum and try to motivate and inspire. In his entire time at the club - including winning the double - I don't think I have ever felt any real enthusiastic, positive vibes from the manager. It's always dour and negative which translates excatly to the way he sets up the team. Yesterday, I swear we were timewating well before half time. Remi was clearly under orders to slow the game down pretty much from kick-off (it seemed to me).

It's just no fun.

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Hearing Monty is away back to Celtic then away to another team on loan.

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, we might get the chance to see if Gallacher can hack it. We could also be fucked if he can't but it's a risk worth taking because he's our player.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, we might get the chance to see if Gallacher can hack it. We could also be fucked if he can't but it's a risk worth taking because he's our player.

Don't worry Tam, we've always got James Brown if Gallacher doesn't work out.

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

My most optimistic thought right now is with @RandomGuy.that there's probably the bones of a squad good enough to be challenging for top 6 and if there's not we can't be too far off.

Was thinking yesterday that Tommy Wright took worse sides into the top 5, and he'd have this squad comfortably top 6 by now.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was thinking yesterday that Tommy Wright took worse sides into the top 5, and he'd have this squad comfortably top 6 by now.

Yeah I think that in some respects this league is weaker than some of the ones that TW faced. Not convinced we'd have been top 6 last year but damn sure we'd not have been in a relegation playoff.