Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

I mean your quote misses off the below part of the email -

*              You will be aware that any ticket price has an element of VAT- A £30 ticket means we have to account to HMRC for £5 per ticket.

*              Generally, the rising cost of living has impacted on our internal costs such as heating (undersoil), lighting and others.

You will appreciate that we endeavour to ensure that the Club is run sustainably . If we were to restrict pricing to say £20 per adult ticket, this would have resulted in a net loss.

I hope that this response satisfies any concerns that you have and puts some context on the decisions taken in respect of pricing , which in our view are in the best interests of the Club.

Not that I think it addresses there is any fault at all and frankly the generic "we couldn't do anything else" nature of it is really poor.

That makes somewhat more sense than what I’ve received, which basically seems to cut off mid paragraph!

Frankly, if that is the stock response, it will enrage more people.

What it suggests is that because we have lower crowds vs Rangers and Celtic, we should hand over all advantage to them. This despite that the last two home only attendances wouldn't fit in the main stand nor that ever game vs them is shifted from 3pm and is on TV. Pretty much calling it out as the fans fault for not making these games, despite beung shafted every time. 

Give us a season ticket option excluding these games and they can have their 3 stands IMO. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

"You will appreciate that we endeavour to ensure that the Club is run sustainably . If we were to restrict pricing to say £20 per adult ticket, this would have resulted in a net loss."

If the club is not suitable without giving Rangers 3 stands then there's other questions to be asked regarding the day to day running. Especially as this game isn't budgeted for. 

Looks like this is going to be the regular thing now as well. 

Bye hundreds of season ticket holders.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

What they don't seem to understand is the fans are not just upset about the price. It's the dismissive nature towards our own fans. Fans have taken this personally.

They clearly still don't get that based on the fact they've not bothered responding publicly (yet) and almost doubling down on justifying it.

I don't think any on here are unaware of the financial challenges of running a club but it's the die hards they should be looking after. Not the away fans. 

They've made a mistake with this but despite different people running the club now day to day, they're still completely unable to admit/accept they're possibly wrong. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

16 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

If the club is not suitable without giving Rangers 3 stands then there's other questions to be asked regarding the day to day running. Especially as this game isn't budgeted for. 

Exactly this - it's an unbudgeted, bonus home tie. The club are trying to dress their decision up as a necessity to ensure the running of the football club - probably in the hope that the "but we need the muney!1!" happy clappers lap it all up. It's not going to wash this time, already an angry reaction on the socials from the majority of people. The Club have failed to read the room and have completely fucked this up.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Flaherty needs punted

Was it his decision or a board decision? Must admit, I've not a clue how Saints work and make these decisions.

In days gone by I would have assumed this decision was Steve's alone as previously it was often his way or the high way.

Surely at least requires director approval/agreement?

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

This from the club:
You may not be aware, but as this is a Cup game, the pricing of the tickets requires to be agreed with the opposition. Further to that, the ticket receipts are split 50/50, with the home Club incurring the Operational costs, some of which are stated below.

This part is not correct. After paying a 5% levy to the SFA, and the costs of VAR, St Johnstone will retain the first 20% of the gate receipts for operational costs. The remaining money will be split 50-50.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/9881/sfa_handbook-2022-23-digital.pdf

Why not just play it at Ibrox instead? We’ve essentially given away home advantage anyway and just think of the incredible gate receipts that we could hoard 50% of! We could then put that money in the bank and all marvel at the millions there. 

10 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Was it his decision or a board decision? Must admit, I've not a clue how Saints work and make these decisions.

In days gone by I would have assumed this decision was Steve's alone as previously it was often his way or the high way.

Surely at least requires director approval/agreement?

As far as im aware Steve Brown has nothing to do with the club anymore and the "board" is Roddy Grant who just does whatevers easiest.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As far as im aware Steve Brown has nothing to do with the club anymore and the "board" is Roddy Grant who just does whatevers easiest.

There is no danger that Roddy would be allowed to make any decision of real note. Steve Brown may not be part of the day to day, but I'd be pretty sure he'd have known about this in advance. 

Of course, if you wanted to be all conspiracy theory esque, you could say that this move will flood the club with cash, which may be appealing to any purchaser and also alow anyone coming in the pick up the first action of giving the fans back the east stand to get fans back on board.