Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

despite various incentives which have been offered, Home Support attendances have been modest, to say the least.

This is the line that turns that from just being a disgrace of a statement attempting to defend a ridiculous decision, into a resignation matter for whoever is responsible.

The real meaning there is "none of you have attended in large enough numbers for these games before, therefore this is actually your fault so you can f**k off if you want to complain about it. You caused this, it's not up to us to consider what we can change to get home fans turning up"

Edited by Dunning1874

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Was just thinking that. The atmosphere felt tense all first half v United. It’s going to be similar v livi. 

People will be wound up because of the recent form and this obvious shambles which will be exacubated before the game even kicks off by line up and tactics. Brown starring at left wing back and the out of form players inevitably starting. 

People will be fairly frustrated almost immediately and if they start poor first 20 mins...

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I don't think the sky has fallen in at St Mirren since they grew a pair and it certainly hasn't at Motherwell (albeit with a huge away stand to play with) - so why don't St Johnstone look at those examples?

St Mirren’s home crowds have risen significantly this season.

Sure some could point to the league table but so much is being done off the field.

Fan involvement at the core and this has had a significant positive impact on crowd attendance which given we have a cost of living crisis is quite remarkable.

I’m glad my club finally got the message to give the gruesome twosome only one stand. The atmosphere is far better for all the home fans. Results against those two have also improved. Long may it continue.

6 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Absolute shambles. 

When did Saints last have a decent incentive to attend a game or entice new fans?

I feel like they tried to do something for the Celtic Boxing Day game last year, before Covid restrictions kicked in. Still trying to find out if that was actually the case or not 

edit - https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/st-johnstone-vs-celtic-boxing-day-fixture

Not really the best example…

Edited by PSJ.84

Not that I have anything against St Johnstone, but even if I did, I always like to show face where supporters have been treated with such disdain by the people running their club.

Get it so far up those patronising wankers. Blows my mind that they think they can take such a condescending tone with their fan/customer base. Absolutely taking loyalty for granted and reeks of "ma baw, ma rules". 

As to the dwindling attendance at "these matches" perhaps St Johnstone along with various other clubs ought to bring the conduct of the arse cheek fans to the attention of the SFA/SPFL rather than whining that decent people choose not to expose themselves to a huge proportion of bigoted animals. 

Taking some fucking responsibility would be infinitely preferable to shitting over your own fans, but we all know where the easy option lies.....

Roll over and take the coin. 

Shite. Hound them lads and lassies. 

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

We've failed to capitalise on increasing our fan base since we won the cup in 2014. Everything (apart from Bev who can't do everything) is amateur.

Aye this, it’s a shame. Under 12’s only get so far. Hardly any marketing around the city centre, don’t even Hear of kids getting free tickets to games at schools anymore. 

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As to the dwindling attendance at "these matches" perhaps St Johnstone along with various other clubs ought to bring the conduct of the arse cheek fans to the attention of the SFA/SPFL rather than whining that decent people choose not to expose themselves to a huge proportion of bigoted animals. 

Last time Rangers visited they set of a firecracker inside the ground, which hospitalised a teenage staff member.

The club said absolutely nothing about it.

One of a long line of clubs whos ambition dont stretch beyond crumbs.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Last time Rangers visited they set of a firecracker inside the ground, which hospitalised a teenage staff member.

That’s outrageous.

Had the radio on during Sundays Sevco visit to Tannadice. Within the first 10 minutes or so there were at least 5 sectarian songs heard clear as day. ‘Fen1a@ bas1@r9s’ , up to knees in …….., etc. 

Why don’t the clubs take a stand against this. Ban away supports completely until it stops. 
It’s 2023 for goodness sake, not 1850. With all the way over the top political correctness is our society, how can it be that this goes on so blatantly without any attempt to stop it or punish it. 
The rest of the country is as bad as them for not taking a stand.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At some point, some clubs in Scotland ought to quietly ask themselves if mere continued existence is enough. 

The more clubs that go fan owned the better. In much the same way as if the Old Firm fucked off, we might suffer lesser spending power, but Scottish Football will be by the fans, for the fans, and the chances of the cheeks getting it all their own way off the park will slowly diminish. 

3 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

That’s outrageous.

Had the radio on during Sundays Sevco visit to Tannadice. Within the first 10 minutes or so there were at least 5 sectarian songs heard clear as day. ‘Fen1a@ bas1@r9s’ , up to knees in …….., etc. 

Why don’t the clubs take a stand against this. Ban away supports completely until it stops. 
It’s 2023 for goodness sake, not 1850. With all the way over the top political correctness is our society, how can it be that this goes on so blatantly without any attempt to stop it or punish it. 
The rest of the country is as bad as them for not taking a stand.

Anti catholic rhetoric is normalised in Scotland, has been for a very long time.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Aye this, it’s a shame. Under 12’s only get so far.

Just checked and our cup game v Celtic a few years back saw all U12s get in free. 

This time its just 300 with anymore, presumably, having to pay £20.

Literally no point even querying that though, considering it took 2 weeks to get a "response" which just flat out ignored about 70% of the fanbase.

1 minute ago, 1GregStewart said:

Celtic are just as bad with their songbook, let’s not kid anyone on here. 

Celtic don't sing anti catholic songs, let's not kid anyone on here.

It's a nice convenient way to avoid my point though about Scottish society 

1 minute ago, double deluxe said:

No, they don’t, but they do sing equally appalling songs.

18 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It's a nice convenient way to avoid my point though about Scottish society 

Anyways, don't want to get into a big discussion about it.

Someone askes why nothing is done about it, I gave you an answer.