Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Without playing devils advocate are Celtic not currently struggling a little bit for full backs, with Taylor injured? Might be that he’s out a while and they need the cover?

14 minutes ago, Widge said:

Without playing devils advocate are Celtic not currently struggling a little bit for full backs, with Taylor injured? Might be that he’s out a while and they need the cover?

Think this is it. Likely a case that Celtic were going to let him stay then have had an injury scare themselves. 

Gallacher is back, we should have Booth soon. Let’s see what happens.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Think this is it. Likely a case that Celtic were going to let him stay then have had an injury scare themselves. 

Gallacher is back, we should have Booth soon. Let’s see what happens.

I wondered whether he just didn't like Davidson and his methods. Especially after it was posted on here that he is going elsewhere.

He had some poor games but also some good games. Without fail he was dropped after the good performances. 

He was hauled off at half time a couple of times as well. From memory once was probably justified. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

18 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He was hauled off at half time a couple of times as well. From memory once was probably justified. 

Think he was only taken off at half time at Easter Road and that was to allow us to change shape, although we did end up with James Brown on the left so make of that what you will. In fairness to the manager, he did play the majority of games he was fit for (according to Transfermarkt) 

15 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Think he was only taken off at half time at Easter Road and that was to allow us to change shape, although we did end up with James Brown on the left so make of that what you will. In fairness to the manager, he did play the majority of games he was fit for (according to Transfermarkt) 

Maybe I’m misremembering but he seemed to only come off when we needed to shore up the back or just to lob a striker on. Not concerned.

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Maybe I’m misremembering but he seemed to only come off when we needed to shore up the back or just to lob a striker on. Not concerned.

He was subbed at half time against both Hearts & Hibs and after an hour against Rangers when we received a doing 4-0

He was also an unused sub against St. Mirren after playing well in the win against Rangers. Although, of course he could have had an injury etc 🤷‍♂️

Think he did well overall and much better than the doom & gloom proclaimed by the Aberdeen fans. Although after seeing them touch themselves on Saturday over Shinnie constantly greeting to the referee most of the second half I'm not shocked they were wrong. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He was subbed at half time against both Hearts & Hibs and after an hour against Rangers when we received a doing 4-0

He was also an unused sub against St. Mirren after playing well in the win against Rangers. Although, of course he could have had an injury etc 🤷‍♂️

Think he did well overall and much better than the doom & gloom proclaimed by the Aberdeen fans. Although after seeing them touch themselves on Saturday over Shinnie constantly greeting to the referee most of the second half I'm not shocked they were wrong. 

I think he came on at half time at Tynecastle rather than off, I could be misremembering though, regardless I accept the point. The St. Mirren game in Paisley was infuriating with both Montgomery and Gallacher left on the bench…

I really liked him and I’d be more than happy to see him back, although I won’t lose much sleep if he doesn’t return. Elgin away, St. Mirren at home and Ross County away the particular highlights (off the top of my head) 

Montgomery feels like one of those players who'll probably never be an outright star for anyone, but will be able to make a career at Celtic if things go right for him. His ability to find space at the byline for a cut back is exactly what they seem to want from full backs just now, so theres every chance he can pop up with an assist or two if hes given games and then they'll develop the rest of his game from there. Hope it works out for him and he doesn't just get tossed about clubs on loan spells forever while they spend millions of a collection of left back gambles.

As a short term signing its worked out fairly well but Gallacher was likely the long term plan there so lets get back to that.

50 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

As long as Montgomery not coming back doesn’t mean we have to suffer James Brown at LWB then I’m not too fussed. Can almost guarantee that Brown will play on Saturday because Callum can “trust him”

I think that's almost certain that he'll be in there. 

Unless he's in the back 3 if Gordon is injured. He'll be somewhere anyway!

9 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think that's almost certain that he'll be in there. 

Unless he's in the back 3 if Gordon is injured. He'll be somewhere anyway!

I think the club suspected Montgomery wasn’t coming back and Gallacher got chucked in to get back into it. 

what should’ve been done was giving him 10-15 minutes every game instead of Brown in that position.

29 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think the club suspected Montgomery wasn’t coming back and Gallacher got chucked in to get back into it. 

what should’ve been done was giving him 10-15 minutes every game instead of Brown in that position.

Far too sensible 

The irony of this entire shambles is that any extra money the club makes from additional tickets to Rangers will be completely offset by Saints fans not turning up. Club could end up worse off financially if only a few hundred Saints turn up (that looks a best case scenario now!), as well as long term damage done with supporters 🤣 What a mess.