Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

There’s a hint of that already with the Wotherspoon contract. 

Wotherspoons performance yesterday was odd. Maybe just how i saw but looked like the performance of an unhappy player.

9 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Nicholson’s latest piece is an excellent read

Surprised he's not called them out before now on the limiting access to journalists.

Davidson walking out of a press conference because he was asked a question that he didn't like as well. 

it's starting to paint a picture... 

16 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Surprised he's not called them out before now on the limiting access to journalists.

Davidson walking out of a press conference because he was asked a question that he didn't like as well. 

it's starting to paint a picture... 

He’s mentioned it on their podcast a couple of times, suppose this was the perfect opportunity to write about it

I know it’s a diddy league but Eetu seems to be coming onto a game at Linfield. Won both the league’s player of the month and goal of the month for December. Also bagged another yesterday. Think that’s him into double figures for the season now, with a few assists too.

Bring him back for the Championship title charge next season?

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I know it’s a diddy league but Eetu seems to be coming onto a game at Linfield. Won both the league’s player of the month and goal of the month for December. Also bagged another yesterday. Think that’s him into double figures for the season now, with a few assists too.

He'd probably refuse to come back, and whats going to tempt him back?

Relegation battle under a manager youve no trust or faith in, or title challenge at a club where youre valued?

Contracts out this Summer so hes probably already got his next move in the works.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'd probably refuse to come back, and whats going to tempt him back?

Relegation battle under a manager youve no trust or faith in, or title challenge at a club where youre valued?

Contracts out this Summer so hes probably already got his next move in the works.

There is absolutely zero chance we’ll see him in a St Johnstone shirt again. I find the situation with certain players being completely frozen out very bizarre tbh. Other players can be dogshit for months on end and still get in the team.

There's a lot of talk amongst Saints fans about who the club get in to replace Davidson if he gets punted. It might happen lads, I do know that the owner looked pretty down at the weekend, especially after the voices of discontent expressed by several In hospitality, some who he knows very well. 

Anyway, in my eyes Saints have a few options but there's only two I think they'll take and you can correct me if I'm wrong Flax, phone me babes x.

1. They plod along with Davidson until/if they eventually find a buyer, cheapest option with the most risk, alienating fans and a potential relegation. 

2. They replace him. Costly, pay off for Cal and possibly his staff. Now they could go poach a new manager from a club, which would cost even more which isn't what the owners want to be doing atm. Or they could entice an older/out of work type to come in with the instructions that that's the squad, just be competent, play players in their preffered positions, adjust gameplans for specific opponents etc, keep it going until the sale and make sure you don't get relegated. This would obviously need to be someone who Geoff trusts, more than likely has worked with before and hasn't fallen out with.

Not sure there's that many out there to be honest but something needs to change or they'll be left with a club in the championship before we're half way through this year.

21 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I went to the Kelty v Linfield challenge cup tie last month and there is no way Eetu is even at Championship standard. He looked completed out of his depth against a league 1 defense and was replaced by a 18 year old who had more touches in the first 5 minutes he was on than Eetu had before he was replaced.

Another failed signing from the Grieve experiment. 

Stick Cal on gardening leave and he can spend his time on the golf course. 

They won't need a massive payout and his outraged mates in the media will have him in another job in no time. He's a proper football man and won the double after all. 

Simple.

50 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I went to the Kelty v Linfield challenge cup tie last month and there is no way Eetu is even at Championship standard. He looked completed out of his depth against a league 1 defense and was replaced by a 18 year old who had more touches in the first 5 minutes he was on than Eetu had before he was replaced.

Another failed signing from the Grieve experiment. 

I didn’t watch it, but he did win the penalty tbf. I was, however, at the St Johnstone V Kelty Hearts game last season where I witnessed an entire team out of their depth.