Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Courier reporting that takeover talks are at an ‘advanced stage’. Sounds like more than one consortium including one from America. 

I’m bang up for some absolutely mental shenanigans next season tbh.

Had to happen, really.

Been given plenty of time and support by the board to improve things but being just 2pts better off than at this stage last season, with a worse defensive record and more losses, just cant be accepted considering the finances hes been given.

Worried about what lies ahead but more faith we can stay up now so that eases some of the fears.

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, as it’s true. He’s not criticising the decision, just saying you cant afford to be sentimental in football.

Aye think I completely misunderstood it expecting Spence to be saying it was a terrible decision. Apologies Mr. Spence 

Seems to be fairly unanimous among the St Johnstone support that this is the right call.

Seeing stuff like this, I suppose we cant really blame managers for jumping ship for more cash when their stock is high though. 

Interesting to see where he goes from here.

Just now, houston_bud said:

Seems to be fairly unanimous among the St Johnstone support that this is the right call.

Seeing stuff like this, I suppose we cant really blame managers for jumping ship for more cash when their stock is high though. 

Interesting to see where he goes from here.

he tried to jump. He’d be better off going back into an assistant role as I don’t think he’s got the skill set for management.

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

I feel both relieved and incredibly shite at the same time. Strange feeling

It’s awkward isn’t it. Usually it’s sheer delight, but for me it’s just a feeling of “bleh”

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I feel both relieved and incredibly shite at the same time. Strange feeling

Your feelings will be cleared up when Tommy Wright is fist pumping around McDiarmid and goading Hibs fans after our scabby 1-0 win on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your feelings will be cleared up when Tommy Wright is fist pumping around McDiarmid and goading Hibs fans after our scabby 1-0 win on Saturday.

I know it won't happen, but I'd get Tommy back for these last 6 games, fire a rocket up the players and at the end of season become DoF and get Gus as far away as possible. New American overlords come in and let the razzmatazz commence. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If he runs towards the Hibs fans blowing kisses that’d be even better