Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Is this information coming from the same source that says we can now hear what comes out of the  speakers in the East Stand? 

I believe it’s the same source that said there wasn’t an issue with them in the first place…

Edited by PSJ.84

1 hour ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Is this information coming from the same source that says we can now hear what comes out of the  speakers in the East Stand? 

It was brought up at the last Open Night.

25 minutes ago, mizfit said:

IMG_4525.png

I think that maybe only calculates off 12th, rather than 11th and a play off, if that makes sense?

Everyone looking forward to Davidson being announced at Dundee today aswell?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think that maybe only calculates off 12th, rather than 11th and a play off, if that makes sense?

Everyone looking forward to Davidson being announced at Dundee today aswell?

Well here I was feeling a little better until I seen your response. 

Also, I did find it weird Dundees head of recruitment left last night. 

52 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Well here I was feeling a little better until I seen your response. 

Aye its kind of made it worse seeing its as high as 12% we finish bottom, had hoped the way the fixtures lay made it virtually impossible 😅

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Steven MacLean giving off heavy Steven Pressley/Darren Jackson vibes with his latest quotes.

Just keep it shut and deliver a performance on Saturday.

Im starting to hope Davidson takes him to Dens.

48 minutes ago, Saint Stevo said:

I've heard Davidson is taking Clelland to Dens. 

Hes been here about 20 years and ive no idea if that would be good or bad for us.

Don't know Clelland well or heard much about his coaching ability but we've all heard rumours about him wanting a managers job. 

If he is going with Davidson what does that say about the club at the moment?

On one hand someone leaving after such a long period of service could suggest he's no longer enjoying working at the club and isn't happy about current direction.

On the other hand though maybe he'd just want a fresh start and liked working with Davidson?

I think it's only fair though if he does go that he's thanked for the hard work over many years in what's been a successful period. 

Or maybe, with a new manager coming down the track and new ownership just round the corner, Cleland feels Dundee is a more secure option for him just now? Far be it from me to call Dundee stable but they’re a guaranteed premier league team and he’ll be going to work with a new manager there who he’s worked with for years before 

Cleland can see the writing on the wall for himself. He can coach but is just a small dispensible cog in the St Johnstone wheel, Liam will slot in fine.

Cleland to me seems the ideal profile for someone who likes to wear gimp masks and be dragged around on a lead in his spare time.

I would say for Clelland that it is probably a fresh challenge. He has been overlooked for the managers job a few times now and arguably got demoted when Davidson was made manager as MacLean was assistant (as shown by getting the caretaker job).

Added to that, a new manager may come in and he finds himself out of a job in a few weeks.

I can see Davidson being a decent fit for Dundee, but I do think he has come back in too soon. He needs time away from the game to take stock. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Enjoying the building narrative that maybe Callum Davidson will recruit better at Dundee with more money...

Can think of about 200,000 reasons why that might not necessarily be the case.

Their forum currently has some hoping they sign "successful" signings like James Brown, while others think he'll tighten up their leaky defence as he used to be a defender.