Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Radford said:

You arent going to pick Saints up on the cheap but then you are buying a club capable of generating money and with no debt to service.

There might not be the riches of the Premier League but Scotland has five European spots at the moment and the potential that brings.

There is no point in the Brown family selling to someone that doesn't plan to take the club forward.

The "nice local businessman" mob can do one with their parochial lack of ambition.

We are a Premiership club and should be looking to kick on from that, rather than treading water or accepting going backwards.

Exactly.

But remember we were shite in the 80s.

I think Radford hit the nail on the head. Always need to err on the side of caution, but we are in an attractive position. 

However, any fucker tries to move us to Bridge of Earn I’ll be the first one down the front protesting. 

22 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think Radford hit the nail on the head. Always need to err on the side of caution, but we are in an attractive position. 

Gerald Butler and Ewan McGregor have a combined net worth of £105 million and both have ties to #perthshire. I would welcome this consortium.

We played a friendly at Recreation Park at some point but haven't played competitively there since we shared a league in 2002/03. Before that it was a Skol Cup tie in 1992.

Played Stenhousemuir in this competition in consecutive years either side of getting promoted and before that, it was THAT game in 1995.

A couple of visits there to play Falkirk but can't remember any friendlies.

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

How do they decide which games on which match day? Is that between the clubs of set as well?

I remember trying to look for a pattern there but it seems random. Don't even think the blank matchday followed a pattern, so they really could be in any order. TV maybe have a say as well.

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

I remember trying to look for a pattern there but it seems random. Don't even think the blank matchday followed a pattern, so they really could be in any order. TV maybe have a say as well.

The pattern needs to be random as in the main the TV games tend to be seed 1 v 2 and if they were all on a single match day a lot of the better games could not be shown

If guess that broadcaster may select their chosen games and then the league build a list from that avoiding ground share and city clashes where at all possible. Hamilton and Clyde being in the same group will help that. 

12 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

The pattern needs to be random as in the main the TV games tend to be seed 1 v 2 and if they were all on a single match day a lot of the better games could not be shown

If guess that broadcaster may select their chosen games and then the league build a list from that avoiding ground share and city clashes where at all possible. Hamilton and Clyde being in the same group will help that. 

I think as well, some teams have in the past requested the first game to be away from home for specific reasons. I don't think Stenny will be sharing at all with Queens next season, but I know both Alloa and Stirling Albion have/do share their ground with others, so it might be a bit of a job to figure it out, although given its July and they are the main sides there, they'd get priority. 

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think as well, some teams have in the past requested the first game to be away from home for specific reasons. I don't think Stenny will be sharing at all with Queens next season, but I know both Alloa and Stirling Albion have/do share their ground with others, so it might be a bit of a job to figure it out, although given its July and they are the main sides there, they'd get priority. 

After September Queens Park are playing at Hampden. Lesser until then I believe.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

For purely selfish reasons I’m pretty happy with that draw. It doesn’t involve travelling to different ends of the country within the space of a couple of days, also means I’ll not have to take the day off just to get there. 

No fannying about this time please. 

9 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

For purely selfish reasons I’m pretty happy with that draw. It doesn’t involve travelling to different ends of the country within the space of a couple of days, also means I’ll not have to take the day off just to get there. 

No fannying about this time please. 

I'm still not over the fact the manager evidently didn't have the slightest clue that if we scored another twice we were going to go through. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm still not over the fact the manager evidently didn't have the slightest clue that if we scored another twice we were going to go through. 

Very much rent free in my head too. Even the games we won in the League Cup last year we managed to make an arse of. That’s before you even get to drawing 0-0 at home to a League Two team. 

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I remember the boos at the full time whistle against Ayr and Parish looking over at the east stand with a bemused look on his face

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Each group has a specific template. Group A is the top seed playing teams in slots three and five away. So trips to Alloa and Stenhousemuir. 

Just like the eighties.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

if the standard format is followed we should be at home to Ayr and Stirling and away to Alloa and Stenhousemuir. Its been a while since we played at either venue.

Ah ffs, I wanted Stirling away on a Saturday. Oh well. Haven't been to Alloa so that on a Sat would be good. I guess you could still have a sesh in Stirling before getting the train onwards to Alloa.

Edited by jamamafegan