Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Radford said:

We never really got to see Gilmour at full match fitness I guess but then that in itself was something he probably always would have struggled to attain.

I always thought he looked a yard off it whenever he played.

But if you liked Brad McKay and/or Wallace Duffy, then you'll probably like this guy.

Lumping Duffy in with McKay is wild. Duffy is 10 times the player McKay is. Which wouldn’t be hard, granted.

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Lumping Duffy in with McKay is wild. Duffy is 10 times the player McKay is. Which wouldn’t be hard, granted.

Duffy was thrown in at the deep end for saints and was pretty woeful to be honest, totally out his depth. Whereas McKay actually played alright occasionally and had top flight experience. So it’s not hard to see why saints fans have done that, albeit I’ll caveat it by saying Duffy has obviously improved as a player since the days he played for us. 

Gilmour is solid if unspectacular I’d expect at your level. He wasn’t cut out for top flight football and is stupidly injury prone too which doesn’t help his cause at all. I imagine if for he’ll be a 6/10 every week in the middle of the pitch. 

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

Jim Brown is an absolutely fine utility / backup defender - the fact he played 30 times last season despite our XXL squad is quite something. 

And only 5 times at RB? 

Callums last game where he started Wright in a back 4 - Jesus!

Thank f**k we've moved on from that pish.

Trying to figure out who's better out of Duffy and Mackay is some fucking brain drain. Brad Mackays Saints career was over in his first ten minutes, as soon as he fell over that ball at Tynecastle. I would've subbed him then cancelled his contract straight away the big useless c**t that he is.

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Vihmann and Dendoncker. Will Macca make it a hatrick of 3 shite loan defenders?

Pretty sure we actually signed Vihman? He was absolute comedy though - gave up football after his stint with us I believe?

Also wasn't Dendoncker the player that turned out to have an undiagnosed heart condition?

Just now, The Marly said:

On Twitter that Macca is hoping Hallberg will sign a new contract. 

I'm unmoved either way. Reasonable player and would be fine in an advanced role but don't want to see a pathway for young players with a higher ceiling blocked.

If Hallberg signs, and is earning big money, id be expecting him to hit 5+ goals and have over 10 goals and assists for the season. 

Hes a better player than he shows but im unconvined he'll ever actually be the player he should be. 

1 hour ago, perthsaints99 said:

Ross County look to be landing Kyle Turner. I wonder if we’re being priced out of some of the signings we’ve seen recently or we just haven’t been in for them.

I guess we'll know more when we see who we do sign. Both in terms of their position and stature within the game.

Kyle Magennis a great signing for Killie, on top of Deas.

Tried looking for Magennis charts a minute ago but hes only managed 800+ mins in 18/19 and 19/20 from the past 5 seasons.

Not one id have been too interested in tbh.