Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

What a carry on, it’s amazing how good we are at making football look very very difficult. 

Echo what’s been said, 2 years in the making. A relegation probably required to reboot the whole shambles.

Fair play to Stirling though, still had to capitalise on it.

Just now, Rugster said:

You’re trying awfy hard here, and I mean it is an embarrassing result. But is it as embarrassing as playing football manager in your bedroom with St Mirren pyjamas on, and filming it, whilst being a holocaust denier? 

limmy-bampot.gif

29 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This has been in the post for the last 2 years. Those who made the  call to keep Davidson on for most of that time, and to throw a fortune at him, are culpable for what's happening now.

really beyond me that any Saints fan paying attention couldn't see the incompetence on display in the dug out on the pitch and the neglect in the boardroom tbh. Throwing a fortune at old pros, journeymen and randoms with no thought to what things would look like beyond the short term (attempted) fixes can only be down to that. 

The lack of options today was frightening. Half tempted to blame MacLean for not changing anything to try and fix it, then you look at the bench and realise theres nothing there past kids who've never played senior football.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You’re trying awfy hard here, and I mean it is an embarrassing result. But is it as embarrassing as playing football manager in your bedroom with St Mirren pyjamas on, and filming it, whilst being a holocaust denier? 

Yes

If results like this are the cost of the decade of success we’ve just had then I’ll still take that over whatever St Mirren, Hibs or Dundee saw in the same period.

That was an inexperienced starting team with a lack of leadership from the senior players and a threadbare bench. It may be ok to bleed in some of the youngsters one at a time but not all at once.

As it stands we’re going to be in trouble.

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Wtaf is this about? I must have missed this on P&B. 🤦 Gutted. 

Why do we persist with rolling the ball out and asking the likes of Considine, Parker & Gordon to play out . They can't do it, every opposition manager knows they can't. 

Considine probably the least bad of the three but that's hardly a glowing reference. 

Why start Brown if he can only offer 45 mins? 

Max looks soooo slow & predictable. Also very easily brushed off the ball. He just wants to drift inside at half pace onto his left foot, the minute he's challenged, balls lost. 

Lots of loose passes, sometimes extremely wayward, first touchs that would be deemed completely unacceptable for amateur players, lots of younger lads looking scared to tackle and battle physically - you need to earn the right to play the attacking side of the game. 

Do you think our new neighbours in the caravans are fans? 😂

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe