Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

If that’s what you thought about Parker’s performance I’d love to hear what you thought about Liam Gordon on Saturday 

Go back and read the posts if you're interested. 

Although it's not a debate on who played more shite. It's not a case of you can't criticise Parker's performance because Gordon might have been worse. 

We were discussing the reasons the young lad has been signed. Whether people like it or not he's not been signed to replace Gordon. 

33 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

In no world was Parker's poor performance either pathetic or the poorest relative performance out there. 

I think you are massively, massively, overstating the impact of a few overambitious long balls. 

I'm spamming now. 

He gifted possession away for the second goal as well. Could have been defended better after but if I'm overstating you're conveniently forgetting. 

It wasn't just over ambitious long balls but it's fine we'll not say anything about Parker because... Liam Gordon 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

46 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Nothing like writing a player off before he’s even signed, based on one game!

If youre on about me and Olufunwa, then youre right. Its just a quick opinion based on watching him in a few games (now).

He looked very, very, rash tackling wise and his default is to go to ground. Think Ross Callachan. Positionally he seemed to just run into a certain area rather than look at where the danger is so ends up leaving folk unmarked a lot. In possession he was poorer than expected, just sclaffs it under any form of pressure.

Hes big and eventually quick, but im really struggling to see how its worthwhile signing him with the squad as is, never mind giving him a 2yr deal.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If youre on about me and Olufunwa, then youre right. Its just a quick opinion based on watching him in a few games (now).

He looked very, very, rash tackling wise and his default is to go to ground. Think Ross Callachan. Positionally he seemed to just run into a certain area rather than look at where the danger is so ends up leaving folk unmarked a lot. In possession he was poorer than expected, just sclaffs it under any form of pressure.

Hes big and eventually quick, but im really struggling to see how its worthwhile signing him with the squad as is, never mind giving him a 2yr deal.

I saw clips of him and he was pinging long balls like VVD , and running forward in an attacking sense with the ball 

The thing about Olufunwa signing/playing for Liverpool can be a bit misleading. Liverpool sign players of his age to assist the development of their younger stars in their U23 league and if they also turn out decent? Well that's a big bonus.

You can look at that two ways, he was either just a stop gap to fill a space in their U23s or they seen him as a very decent player who could coax along their young lads. Either way we are about to find out on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I don't like loans but at least you can return to sender after 6 months.

If this lad proves to be a player then fair play but in terms of strategy, I'm disappointed. Is the manager convinced Olofunwa is better than what we have, which has been his line all summer? Surely he should have been in on trial first?

And then we have the lingering stench of Biscuits.

If we have held firm all summer then panic this week, I'll feel really let down.

The main issue with loans from Liverpool is they usually seem to let them go on loan and cover a fair whack of the wages, as long as the boy is playing.

If he's shite and not playing then you'll be paying for the privilege. You'd have to think he's on a decent enough wage there, relatively speaking.

We were fucked with Danny Ward. They called him back in the January window and we had no budget to replace him as he'd more or less been playing for free.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was being a bit facetious. Is an underwhelming signing and the red flags are glaringly obvious. However, it’s not fair of me to judge until I’ve seen him have an absolute nuke at the weekend. 

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

The main issue with loans from Liverpool is they usually seem to let them go on loan and cover a fair whack of the wages, as long as the boy is playing.

If he's shite and not playing then you'll be paying for the privilege. You'd have to think he's on a decent enough wage there, relatively speaking.

We were fucked with Danny Ward. They called him back in the January window and we had no budget to replace him as he'd more or less been playing for free.

Hes not on loan, we've given him a 2yr deal