Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just me who’s beginning to think that Sinclair gets an awful lot of injuries for a goalkeeper? Which is never a good thing. I know it’s hardly his fault he keeps breaking things in matches, but it seems he’s got a lot of bad luck. 

I don’t think there was ever a question about who was number one this season, but it’s annoying we’ve now got to spend more budget on a player we didn’t need 2 days ago. I guess it’ll be someone on loan from down south who’ll hopefully be cheap as chips until January. 

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

Just me who’s beginning to think that Sinclair gets an awful lot of injuries for a goalkeeper? Which is never a good thing. I know it’s hardly his fault he keeps breaking things in matches, but it seems he’s got a lot of bad luck. 

I don’t think there was ever a question about who was number one this season, but it’s annoying we’ve now got to spend more budget on a player we didn’t need 2 days ago. I guess it’ll be someone on loan from down south who’ll hopefully be cheap as chips until January. 

I’d be happy with loaning in someone from up here until the January window. Even someone like Harry Stone to just sit on the bench. 

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Looks like we used up all our luck in the double season.

We take double seasons for a few years in the banter wilderness. Not that it any easier watching the descent. 

7 hours ago, Radford said:

IMG_20230809_073734.thumb.jpg.c12b8aad7dba335aa585b2bfb3d9c840.jpg

Allan McGregor is a complete fruit loop, but you could easily make a case he’s still better than anyone currently employed in the top flight as a keeper.   I’d be amazed if he hasn’t been sounded out about signing for somebody.  

12 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

If his heart was in it, McGregor would be fantastic as a dressing room presence alone.

In the same way Steve Lomas (allegedly) was? 

2 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

We currently have an internationally capped keeper available who has previously worked with your new goalkeeping coach. 
He has already previously helped your team to 3 points. 

Don’t.

Going by how long our last few transfers have taken to complete it looks like we won’t have any new players in for Saturday which is a disappointment. Can’t see the current squad as it is and what’s available being capable of picking up much in Dingwall