Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Model pro (apart from his LASK cameo) but has lost a bit of what he had before. This may or may not have been the Callum Davidson effect,  hopefully he can turn it on for you boys.

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:

He would be a very good signing for you.

I'd be very surprised but delighted if we signed him.

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hey Saintees, how about bringing forward the game v Saints on 6th of December to the 4th of November seeing as we're both off that day due to the LC semis?

The f**k are you asking us for? Go ask the club or something.

Edited by RandomGuy.

35 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

IMG_8777.jpeg.9ed2746f805884354c128d872445e04d.jpeg

Not that I’m petty, but I hope young Fran tells Clarke to go f**k himself.

It doesnt actually sound too certain Scotland are actually involved i think.

Sure its stated that Poland have made a move and "apparently" Scotland are looking at his situation too. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It doesnt actually sound too certain Scotland are actually involved i think.

Sure its stated that Poland have made a move and "apparently" Scotland are looking at his situation too. 

Yeah that’s based off the back of the Alistair Stephenson talk from the fans forum surely? Was there not a line to the effect of “SFA have also been in touch” or similar?

Edited by gingermunkie

1 minute ago, gingermunkie said:

Yeah that’s based off the line from the Alistair Stephenson talk from the fans forum surely? Was there not a line to the effect of “SFA have also been in touch” or similar?

Just checked and aye, doesnt feel like Scotland have done anything really.

Screenshot_20231006_175657_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.09c6320223effbbbcca5208911f2bd88.jpg

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just checked and aye, doesnt feel like Scotland have done anything really.

Screenshot_20231006_175657_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.09c6320223effbbbcca5208911f2bd88.jpg

Would be pretty annoying that a player born in Perth is totally ignored by the SFA and yet a (better) national team the other side of Europe has the notion and ability to properly scout him and call him up.

All depends on what the lad feels really. It's not quite a situation like other scottish players who had an Irish granny or something.

Interestingly, 2nd generation Eastern European players in UK will become increasingly common and will be interesting to see the trend. 

2 hours ago, double deluxe said:

The Franzcak family only moved to Scotland eleven years ago, Fran wasn’t born here

Yeah i was under the impression the young man was Polish and had moved to Scotland as a kid. 

edit, Kurwa

Edited by Fife Saint

''The family had moved to Perth from Poland 11 years ago and this was to be their first experience of Saturday morning community coaching at St Johnstone.

“My husband used to play and it was our dream to put the boys through the football,” explains mother Katarzyna.

“When we came here, it was quite difficult for us without English language.

“We remember, the first time we dropped the boys off, they were so afraid. We opened the door from the car and told them to go and train.”

After some persuasion, Franio and Filip - who were born in Limanowa but lived in Laskowa - would eventually decide to wander over with boots tied tightly to join in the fun.''

12 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Interestingly, 2nd generation Eastern European players in UK will become increasingly common and will be interesting to see the trend. 

Suspect there won’t be as many as you’d have hoped/expected 10-15 years ago. 

Also if I could spell their names I’d point out players like Ruti & Neil Jan..(cm signed from hearts)

Edited by gingermunkie