Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

My heart sinks a little every time I see him coming on. I still think there is a really talented footballer there, but lacks some real effort, stamina or physicality. Without fail, every game he is barged off the ball easily and hits the ground complaining like he has been wiped out.

There’s been times I’ve watched him and thought he’s away to hit a vein of serious form before he shies away again. 

Edited by mizfit

McPherson isn't Premiership class, it's not his fault Saints or more importantly Callum Davidson thought he was. It's more galling that we are still playing him when we have a former international player who's miles better than him frozen out. Carey has had a few shockers this season but I'm hoping the competition from DJ will straighten that out, if it doesn't then time on the bench will. Liam Gordon played okay at the weekend,  miles better than the shite he has been serving up lately, long may that continue. 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Must admit, I don't really get the Macpherson thing either. 

I think it's those fleeting flashes that give me the (likely false) hope that there is a talented footballer hidden in there somewhere. However, I'll be the first to admit he is generally sh!t and one flash per game does not make in any way a good enough footballer for this level or 2/3 below quite frankly.

I do though still think that if he sorted out his attitude and fitness and stopped thinking he was something he is not, he would be a decent player for someone down the leagues.

For older fans, he is a modern day Gary Farquhar. Everyone in the game says how talented the player is, but does nothing with it and bar tiny indicators, no one actually sees it only far a career to drift away into obscurity. 

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Everyone in the game says how talented the player is, but does nothing with it and bar tiny indicators, no one actually sees it only far a career to drift away into obscurity. 

Aye. He'll be a 28yo Championship player being touted for top flight moves because managers remember him looking promising when he was 21.

I think hes chucked it this season already as he knows hes not going to be first choice. Be a full season of him just going through the motions before leaving at the end of his contract.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. He'll be a 28yo Championship player being touted for top flight moves because managers remember him looking promising when he was 21.

I think hes chucked it this season already as he knows hes not going to be first choice. Be a full season of him just going through the motions before leaving at the end of his contract.

Totally agree and the chucking it is a perfect example of the attitude problem.

I think a few of the injuries too are him being so self inflated that he won't play through any kind of pain or discomfort that others would, basically being a lightweight sh!tebag not up for the fight. 

Sacrilege comparing Cameron MacPherson to Gary Farquhar. You need to have talent to begin with to waste it. Farquhar definitely had that, scored a few brilliant goals at a time when we had some fantastic players in midfield. Was also a bit of a “character”. It’s not MacPherson’s fault we signed him but he’s everything that’s been wrong with us the last few seasons, can’t wait until he leaves. 

I saw Gary Farquhar in Asda the other day. Think he's involved with one of the North Caley sides in Inverness. I know he's lived here for years since leaving Wick Academy in the Highland League. I thought he was decent for The Caley; he played a few times for us when we got promoted to what is now the Championship in 1999.

On a more related note, is Wotherspoon injured a lot? That's a prerequisite for signing for The Caley. 

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I saw Gary Farquhar in Asda the other day. Think he's involved with one of the North Caley sides in Inverness. I know he's lived here for years since leaving Wick Academy in the Highland League. I thought he was decent for The Caley; he played a few times for us when we got promoted to what is now the Championship in 1999.

On a more related note, is Wotherspoon injured a lot? That's a prerequisite for signing for The Caley. 

Not really but he is still coming back from a pretty serious one. And he's at that age now but he's never had any pace to lose. 

11 hours ago, gingermunkie said:

Jesus! I’ve just remembered, Ali Crawford is still on the books aye?!

Somehow. I still cannot work why we gave him that deal. That Boxing Day performance v Celtic should’ve been enough to ship him back to Bolton. 

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Somehow. I still cannot work why we gave him that deal. That Boxing Day performance v Celtic should’ve been enough to ship him back to Bolton. 

He'd already eigned it by then....

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Nothing surprises me anymore. 

Yeah I had wondered if it was baked into the terms of him coming on loan to us. Was he bot very late on transfer deadline day? Would have been getting a lot lot more at Bolton. But we’re promising him a two year plus contract…

1 hour ago, gingermunkie said:

Yeah I had wondered if it was baked into the terms of him coming on loan to us. Was he bot very late on transfer deadline day? Would have been getting a lot lot more at Bolton. But we’re promising him a two year plus contract…

I think you're overthinking it. He got a contract because Callum Davidson didn't have a clue when it came to judging a player.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

1 hour ago, gingermunkie said:

Bolton were on the bones of there arses when Crawford was there.