Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

28 minutes ago, The Marly said:

He's only 30?  A complete waste of a career.  Could have been so much better. 

Did he not come out and say he stopped loving the game and didnt enjoy playing anymore? Sure he joined the same club as his brother, which was the only reason he wasnt retiring, and it was around then im sure i read it.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did he not come out and say he stopped loving the game and didnt enjoy playing anymore? Sure he joined the same club as his brother, which was the only reason he wasnt retiring, and it was around then im sure i read it.

I can imagine working full time then travelling twice a week to wherever they train then having to get up again early for work week after week in the cold winter months all to play at level where he'll get paid nothing to do so would ruin a lot of people's love for the game. Especially if they have young families etc. "Is this really worth it" going through their heads. 

Easy for the likes of me to say as well that wouldn't ever be good enough to have a chance of playing at that level!

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ryan was Craigmark manager until a few days ago.

On 12/10/2023 at 15:55, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I can imagine working full time then travelling twice a week to wherever they train then having to get up again early for work week after week in the cold winter months all to play at level where he'll get paid nothing to do so would ruin a lot of people's love for the game. Especially if they have young families etc. "Is this really worth it" going through their heads. 

Easy for the likes of me to say as well that wouldn't ever be good enough to have a chance of playing at that level!

Eh?  That’s pretty much what every amateur, junior player and part-time senior player does every week of their adult lives, and in many cases for zero money! It’s what all players do 3-4 times a week up until they’re 16 as well.

I’d be pretty surprised if Caddis wasn’t  fairly well paid playing Ayrshire juniors, as part time jobs go. 

Not the glamour he maybe hoped for, but you’re still getting cash to keep fit, fanny about with some mates and then have a game of football on a weekend. 

I see Max was an unused sub for Ukraine under 21’s in their 3-2 win over England tonight.

Ukraine were semi-finalists at the summer u21 euros so obviously a decent standard, beating the current champions tonight as well. 

Despite being 21 now, I think he’s still eligible to play u21’s in the 2025 euros, so hopefully he establishes himself in the starting 11 over the next year. 

18 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Despite being 21 now, I think he’s still eligible to play u21’s in the 2025 euros, so hopefully he establishes himself in the starting 11 over the next year. 

Just checked, and to be eligible for the 2025 finals, players must be born in the year 2002 or later. So its just down to him keeping his spot in the squad.

Edited by Muirton Saint

Charlie Adam saying that Dara Costelloe for you lads and Marcel Lewis for us didn't want to join either of us as they thought they were above our level and that he nearly had to drive them up to Scotland himself to convince them to join is unbelievable.

As it stands, I know he may have slightly improved but Costelloe put in one of the worst performances I've ever watched from an opposition footballer since Raith had a random haddy at the back several year ago and Lewis is yet to get off the bench for us. 

The absolute boldness of the pair defies belief.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Charlie Adam saying that Dara Costelloe for you lads and Marcel Lewis for us didn't want to join either of us as they thought they were above our level and that he nearly had to drive them up to Scotland himself to convince them to join is unbelievable.

As it stands, I know he may have slightly improved but Costelloe put in one of the worst performances I've ever watched from an opposition footballer since Raith had a random haddy at the back several year ago and Lewis is yet to get off the bench for us. 

Guess thats maybe why Burnley/Adam pushed them into it? A reality check but also a test of their mentality.

Heres the quotes on Costelloe.

Screenshot_20231021_170831_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0c1d9d2119fc6e9ffbd55d7de93365b2.jpg

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Costelloe was absolutely shite against Dundee. I wasn't impressed he even appeared for the second half. 

Sounds like the pair of them have typical English youth academy syndrome. Horrendous considering it's fucking Burnley as well. 🤦‍♂️

He's improved a bit. He works hard but still doesn't look like he could lace the boots of players we've had in the last 10 years. For example pre injury May is 100x the player he is 🤷‍♂️ 

54 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Costelloe was absolutely shite against Dundee. I wasn't impressed he even appeared for the second half. 

Sounds like the pair of them have typical English youth academy syndrome. Horrendous considering it's fucking Burnley as well. 🤦‍♂️

He's improved a bit. He works hard but still doesn't look like he could lace the boots of players we've had in the last 10 years. For example pre injury May is 100x the player he is 🤷‍♂️ 

Pre injury May is one of this leagues best players. Dara should be compared to other youngsters of his level. The boy who sold the goal to Sacha Boey, forget his name, that guy who missed the sitter at Ayr, f**k knows what he's called, those types.

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Pre injury May is one of this leagues best players. Dara should be compared to other youngsters of his level. The boy who sold the goal to Sacha Boey, forget his name, that guy who missed the sitter at Ayr, f**k knows what he's called, those types.

Received Devine was the player who sold the goal to Boey. He was then jettisoned by Davidson but in truth, other than that mistake, he looked a very useful player.  Costello hasn't looked great so far in all honesty. 

Izzy Jones going from unable to get into our side as a winger, to one of the most in demand wing backs in the EFL, within a few years is one of the weirdest things i can remember happening.

He never even missed the chance at Ayr really, he just fell over when clean through.