Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I hadn’t realised how long our home form has been poor. From the bbc article on what Levein needs to do:

There were only five home wins in the entirety of last season, the same the year before, and the same the year before that.

In fact, 2018-19 was the last time St Johnstone won more than five at home during the league season. That was seven victories - two of which came in the bottom-six split.

16 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I honestly reckon Martindales loyalty will bite him on the arse. From the way he’s spoken he’s come across as being very interested in the role. 

I think Martindales loyalty is admirable and something we need more of. But, I do wonder whether there was a bit of him that did fancy the change/new challenge and possibly thought saints would come back in for him with some sort of offer.

If Saints pull away from the bottom and Livi drop, then it looks a poor decision. If we cannot turn it around and he keeps Livi up, then will seem a brilliant decision. I'm sure he will be confident enough in his own abilities he can make a bigger step than Saints and tbh, I'd be glad if he did.

24 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

All the talk about boring unattractive football from other premiership club fans is magnificent.

I don’t think I’ve seen a team play attractive entertaining football in this league for years.

It's such a daft point of view.  Who gives a fuck what style a team plays if it wins them games. 

"I want my club to play football the right way; Free-flowing, attacking football".  Fuck off you virgin, you're not in the Nou Camp.

36 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

If your team wins you are happy it’s that simple.

I’m sure everyone playing us so far this season will feel it’s eye-bleeding stuff whereas I’m enjoying the matches and performances for the most part.

Na pal, I absolutely loved the way you played in our last game.

I don’t know why people are getting twisted up over the supposed length of contract. 

If he is a complete liability the club will usually have a deal whereby they can pay him off either the remainder of his contract (if less than 12months) or 12 months. Or what the club and agent have negotiated. 

Likewise if he is a massive success the club and the manager will likely have an agreement that the club would release him for a set amount (let’s say 12 months salary) compensation. 

This date just gives both parties reassurance that they are both committed to a future plan. 

49 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I don’t know why people are getting twisted up over the supposed length of contract. 

If he is a complete liability the club will usually have a deal whereby they can pay him off either the remainder of his contract (if less than 12months) or 12 months. Or what the club and agent have negotiated. 

Likewise if he is a massive success the club and the manager will likely have an agreement that the club would release him for a set amount (let’s say 12 months salary) compensation. 

This date just gives both parties reassurance that they are both committed to a future plan. 

It's got to be worth Levein's while as well.

He'd probably not be willing to give up his current relatively stress free jobs on radio etc he has now for a contract to the end of the season for example. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Long time ago now but we were good to watch under Levein. It was quick, direct and aggressive but far from the boring long ball stuff he seems to be inextricably linked with these days. He definitely likes his defenders to defend first and foremost, but he signed guys like Gomis, Sandaza and Swanson who could play a bit. Possibly was a little too cautious at times and the team kicked on under Houston, but considering where we were at when he came in, not a dissimilar position to St Johnstone just now, he did a remarkable job. MacDairmid probably a good fit, expect him to do well.

Edited by Gibby82

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'll say this, if Simon Murray can make a living in the Premeirship then Grady will be aiming for the Ballon d'Or.

I can't help but get a bit excited about the idea of that kind of signing. (If he starts being linked in Jan). Big step up though 😬 

Who doesn't enjoy the lad who's fell down the leagues a bit but stuck at it, worked hard to get better and get another opportunity?! As long as he's not a flop that is. 

I also respond to if your "If Simon Murray can make a living" with "If Theo Bair can..."

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe