Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Clark was fine when he broke through, he had to be to displace Alan Mannus.

Everything was largely going alright for him (although there were calamities, home games against Motherwell and Kilmarnock stick out) but I remember being in Ireland in pre-season of 2019 and he made errors in both games and followed it up by conceding seven at Celtic Park on the opening day.

What followed was about 18 months of proper foam hands form, probably culminating at Dens Park in the Scottish Cup when he could have been sent off and dropped one in the net but was very fortunately saved by the referee.

Then came that header at Ibrox. It seemed to transform him and up until he left at the end of 2021/22 he was very good.

The question was always going to be though, would the real Zander Clark please stand up...

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Caley is a great wee pub, Bear and his Mrs do a great job, and the Slainte bar will be even better 👍

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Any people who requested delivery for their Hearts tickets, pls let me know when you’ve received them. 

I got home from Georgia on Saturday and it was there waiting on me, so some time before that 

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

That's Levein giving us some "there's a player there" chat about MacPherson. 

I suspect he is brilliant in training. He obviously has some positive attributes in a technical sense. It’s just that he’s a shitebag on the park.

7 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

That's Levein giving us some "there's a player there" chat about MacPherson. 

Found it interesting be spoke about "changing players positions" to get the best out of them.

Not seen his quotes but would agree there’s a player there with MacPherson … I reckon he’s great at fives. 

The issue is that he either lacks the fitness or desire to offer enough to the team off the ball. For whatever reason he’s not currently the type to burst a gut to get back and stop counter attacks or cover cut backs to the edge of the box etc. And he’s nowhere near good enough or consistent enough at the on-the-ball stuff to justify carrying him.

He thinks he’s Charlie Adam and if he started every week we’d sometimes get that .. but more often than not he‘s Gary McDonald.

16 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

For whatever reason he’s not currently the type to burst a gut to get back and stop counter attacks or cover cut backs to the edge of the box etc.

I think theyll try him as one of the 2 behind a lone striker.

So we could see a 5-2-3 again but with, say, MacPherson and Max high and close to Kane, with Phillips/Smith in behind.

I dont think we have the wing backs to play that way well yet though.