Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

POTY now. Guaranteed.

Hope so. He just seems really bad for charging full pelt into things hes no chance of winning, and gives away a lot of fouls. Loses the ball trying to play out too.

Very much a raw inexperienced youngster for me, which isnt ideal in a relegation battle.

Had it in my head we'd sign 3 this window, although I'm not sure if that was based on anything. A 19 year old centre back who's played about 10 games in his career... not sure that's what I had in mind. Hopefully turns out well but if we're only signing 3 then attacking wing backs and striker felt more pressing to me 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Had it in my head we'd sign 3 this window, although I'm not sure if that was based on anything. A 19 year old centre back who's played about 10 games in his career... not sure that's what I had in mind. Hopefully turns out well but if we're only signing 3 then attacking wing backs and striker felt more pressing to me 

I get the impression we're getting 3 in the first week alone, maybe even on the 1st.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I get the impression we're getting 3 in the first week alone, maybe even on the 1st.

I'm all for it if at least the same number of players go out. I really don't want us in a position where we can field 3 starting 11s again. 

If Smith is a ball playing centre back, I have absolutely no idea what he is, then it makes sense if we're persisting with playing the ball out from the back. The only centre back who's remotely capable of doing that side of the game well is McGowan. 

Really hope forward and at least one wing back come in quickly too. 

This is only a hunch, and I am not ITK in any way, but reading between the lines in interviews etc. I think this may be a far busier window than any of us anticipate.

Three in on January 1st, then maybe the same again in the rest of the month.

Ingoing and outgoing.

8 hours ago, Gekko said:

This is only a hunch, and I am not ITK in any way, but reading between the lines in interviews etc. I think this may be a far busier window than any of us anticipate.

Three in on January 1st, then maybe the same again in the rest of the month.

Ingoing and outgoing.

I think those who are definitely not getting a contract renewal might be encouraged to just leave now for free if they can find a club. 

The first signing is a promising youngster, I’m hoping he’s as good as Robbo was. Beyond that I’ve no idea who else we can pull in. 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Tuesday is a massive game for us in terms of league position going into the split. Really need a draw, whilst a win would be huge.

IMG_9264.jpeg.417681894c7c91a2778010e181e09821.jpeg

IMG_9266.jpeg.ea801709370576d6a2e45366f32b742d.jpeg

Could end up anywhere from level with Dundee in 7th to second bottom potentially only 4 points above Livingston should they somehow sneak a win at Hibs.

Can't see Livingston beating Hibs no matter what

Don’t particularly like Halliday, but if he comes in as a solid presence at left back then fair enough. I imagine in Levein’s eyes it’s a fairly safe signing in that he knows exactly what he’ll be getting.  Halliday does weigh in with the occasional goal as well.

We are mostly looking more solid in defence, with a competitive midfield so I’ll trust him with Halliday as long as we see significant improvement in our creative/ attacking output.

Have to say, other than occasional periods of play in some matches, it feels like about 5 years since we looked like an exciting team that created a decent number of chances, back when Drey Wright, Matt Kennedy and Tony Watt were playing great for us in the October-December of 18-19 I think it was? The double season we were brilliant, but still didn’t create much, relying on great organisation, hard work and a very good defence.

Don’t mind shitfesting occasional tough away matches/ OF games, but I’d like us to work towards improving the entertainment on offer whilst still being competitive.

I realise it won’t happen overnight, but I want to look forward to going to matches again, rather than simply doing it out of habit.

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Tuesday is a massive game for us in terms of league position going into the split. Really need a draw, whilst a win would be huge.

IMG_9264.jpeg.417681894c7c91a2778010e181e09821.jpeg

IMG_9266.jpeg.ea801709370576d6a2e45366f32b742d.jpeg

Could end up anywhere from level with Dundee in 7th to second bottom potentially only 4 points above Livingston should they somehow sneak a win at Hibs.

Just had a look at our fixtures after the winter break. 3 vital games to start back with.  

Wednesday 24 January Aberdeen home

Saturday 27 January Motherwell home 

Saturday 3 February Ross County away

I feel these 3 games will have a huge bearing on we are at the end of the season. Just hope the potential new signings are in and up to speed earlier in the month for these games.

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84?si=brIugEfsnsWvc-6G

9 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Wait - are you seriously away to sign Grady?! :huh:

Theres been rumours about it since Levein/Kirk came in, for obvious reasons. Yet to see whether its guesswork or not, but they want a 4th choice "project" striker apparently.

26 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

No signings yet!!???

FFS Potter get your finger out yer arse - it's 10am.

Being reported down south that Kerr Smith has joined us on loan.

22 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

It was in the Courier two days ago.

Aye but being reported at that end too confirms it 100% done and just waiting to be announced, for me.