Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds/looks like he can play anywhere across the back 5, and also in midfield.

Do wonder if hes been signed to play RWB though? A lot of clips have him out there and he looks like hes nicely balanced in terms of defence/attack compared to Brown or Wright.

Not huge for filling in at CB but does that matter anymore?

Looks healthier than he did when he left us. Would dread to think the amount of steps he’s done on courses since May. 

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

An ehhhh awful managerial ehhhh appointment.

Bet you were pulling at your ear and did a nervous laugh as you were typing that.

That c**t fills me with rage, which is so so sad for a person that has brought so much joy in the past.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Bet you were pulling at your ear and did a nervous laugh as you were typing that.

That c**t fills me with rage, which is so so sad for a person that has brought so much joy in the past.

I'm slowly forgiving him as his mess is slowly sorted out.

19 hours ago, The Marly said:

Well the big news is Gordon Muir isnae going.  He's having a hissy fit because tickets are only available online.  "This online shite is killing fitba" he reckons. He doesn't have a smartphone (despite the fact he's never off fucking Twitter).  I'm sure he'll be missed.  Minutes applause maybe? 

👀

19 hours ago, The Marly said:

Well the big news is Gordon Muir isnae going.  He's having a hissy fit because tickets are only available online.  "This online shite is killing fitba" he reckons. He doesn't have a smartphone (despite the fact he's never off fucking Twitter).  I'm sure he'll be missed.  Minutes applause maybe? 

Ah well. Hissy fit over. 

28 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

I'm slowly forgiving him as his mess is slowly sorted out.

The longer it goes, the easier to forget how bad it got.

5-2-3 line up with James Brown wedged in somewhere

2-0 loss, 0 shots on goal

"Players didnt do what i told them to"

Courier - Callum Davidson is being let down, but still has the quality to turn it around

"I might tweak something for this game"

5-2-3 with James Brown wedged in somewhere 

2-0 loss, 0 shots on goal

"Players didnt do what i told them to do"

Weird to see the way you lads talk about your undisputed biggest ever legend. I mean, I get it, he left you in some fucking state to the point I was losing my head at the prospect of us sacking Bowyer for him but still for the success he gave you - just shows how fickle we are as football fans I suppose. 

Do you guys generally hold Tommy Wright in higher esteem because he won the first trophy and it wasn't during the Covid era or does Davidson get the nod?

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you guys generally hold Tommy Wright in higher esteem because he won the first trophy and it wasn't during the Covid era or does Davidson get the nod?

There’s more to it than that for me, but aye. I’m too young to remember Davidson coming through as a player though, so that might play some part in it. 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Like @PSJ.84, I'm too young to remember Davidson as a player which probably does come into it a bit.

I think it'll take a while before opinions on Davidson gets as positive as you would expect it to be, which makes sense to me considering the situation the club is in because of his doing.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Weird to see the way you lads talk about your undisputed biggest ever legend. I mean, I get it, he left you in some fucking state to the point I was losing my head at the prospect of us sacking Bowyer for him but still for the success he gave you - just shows how fickle we are as football fans I suppose. 

I always felt Davidson relationship with the fans was harmed by us not actually getting to games in his first season.

Fans are all about emotions and some of those games wouldve been unreal to be at it, but a bond was never formed until season two when it all fell apart.

Reality was he was a charismatic void who talked the club down more than anything, and he was being compared to Tommy Wright, who presence was unbelievable and who'd fight any battle for the club and fans. Kelty away was a big turning point on that front for me. Fans and players screaming abuse at each other and Davidson hid in the centre circle until it all died down, and allowed those feeling to take root and fester. TW wouldve been right in the middle of that and made it an inspirational moment.

Theres zero question Tommy Wright was a better manager though. I dont know how you rank our best ever managers tbh, but TW is above him for me. 

I hold Tommy Wright in much higher regard because he won a trophy, gave us incredible sustained success over 7 years and then left the squad he did which gave Davidson a great platform to go win the double (which Wright himself I don't think would've managed). A pretty incredible spell for him. 

Davidson supplemented an excellent squad well with a few good senior pros, but had absolutely no idea of how to build a squad thereafter. Two pretty awful years later, he's sacked and left us in a mess that'll take a couple of years to sort out as we've got numerous players on long, expensive contracts that no one in their right minds will replicate elsewhere.

I know too much about what was going on behind the scenes to be anything other than cold towards Davidson. Will never dispute his legendary status but he's one of a few people who really let the club down in the period since the cup double.