Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

30 minutes ago, andrewh said:

What was this old firm type behaviour about? Apart from the display.

Arseholes let out for the day. Same ones calling the players fucking c***s at the end as well no doubt. 

15 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Arseholes let out for the day. Same ones calling the players fucking c***s at the end as well no doubt. 

Empty heads + alcohol possibly 

Repeating what I said earlier here and not in any way defending the stupidity of that tweet, but implying that blame for folk getting hurt lies with anyone other then those chucking bottles around sails too close to exusing that behaviour or me.

Lads took a decision to lob bottles through doors because a moron wrote a morinic thing on social media. That's on them, and them alone, they have agency.

I agree with VB here. Stupid thing to post on social media, but the daily record should be shut down for that.

It basically reads “guy who tweeted provoked this response, what else were the airdrie fuckwits meant to do?”.

By all means criticise him for his tweet, but surely to f**k the crux of that should be ‘disgraceful scenes’ etc all about the idiots throwing bottles into a pub full of normal folk and families.

On a different note, Liam Gordons interview today suggests their preparation for the Airdrie game, in the 3 weeks between games, was 9-10 days training and no bounce games or friendlies.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

On a different note, Liam Gordons interview today suggests their preparation for the Airdrie game, in the 3 weeks between games, was 9-10 days training and no bounce games or friendlies.

Had a week or so off? Certainly when we signed Keltjens it was said he join up with the squad "when they return to training on Thursday".

16 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Had a week or so off? Certainly when we signed Keltjens it was said he join up with the squad "when they return to training on Thursday".

This is his quote 

Like his manager, Gordon refused to hide behind rustiness built up as a result of three-and-a-half weeks between matches.

“We’re more than good enough to come back after a break and win this game,” he said.

“We had a really good week and-a-half on the training pitch.

“We were excited about this game but we were nowhere near it.”

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

giphy.gif

Sounds like similar tweets made by others, that resulted in violence, has resulted in football banning orders against those who tweeted.

Not 100% sure exactly how that works and how it gets decided, but i suspect theyll try and make an example of him. Plus theres a real chance hes getting dragged into any court case that happens.

Edited by RandomGuy.

20 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

There’s Sven confirming our relegation

Not sure if Google Translate is really up to some of the German in the original article in 'The Kicker';

"The coach change hurt Sprangler: "That was very emotional for me." Cleland has fulfilled his dream of coming to the island and the first "horny experiences" with St. Johnstone"

WTF is going on in training? Might explain the Airdrie performance.

Edit : worse than I thought ""That will become really tight again. Except for Celtic and the Rangers, everyone is within reach. That is the horny. That's why I always wanted to go to 'UK'. Full throttle is always played here. That's exactly what I imagined," enthuses Sprangler. His contract with the Saints will run until the summer of 2025."

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

If I'm Levein, that interview with Sprangler is exactly what I want to read. Saying he wants to fight to get into team, is happy to be here and thinks we can push for top 6.

Putting the Airdrie result to one side, there's not much over the last 2 months to suggest we cannot push for top 6, but these next handful of games will confirm or kill that notion.

In a way, the defeat in the cup, while obviously a sore one, will have to Levein and Kirk a lot about this squad, most of which they probably already knew, but probably crystallised who stays and who goes. Still enough time for movement in transfer window. Most around us in table I suspect will wnd up weaker at the end of the window, but I suspect we will be have a better squad at the end than we started with.

4 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

If I'm Levein, that interview with Sprangler is exactly what I want to read. Saying he wants to fight to get into team, is happy to be here and thinks we can push for top 6.

Putting the Airdrie result to one side, there's not much over the last 2 months to suggest we cannot push for top 6, but these next handful of games will confirm or kill that notion.

In a way, the defeat in the cup, while obviously a sore one, will have to Levein and Kirk a lot about this squad, most of which they probably already knew, but probably crystallised who stays and who goes. Still enough time for movement in transfer window. Most around us in table I suspect will wnd up weaker at the end of the window, but I suspect we will be have a better squad at the end than we started with.

I’ve also been guilty of all that getting caught up in thinking about top six being possible after a couple of decent results, based mostly around how shite the teams from about 4th down in this league are.

But the fact that we don’t create chances and don’t score goals weighs heavily against us.  Unless there’s a fundamental change in approach I can’t see it. I’m not convinced we’re good enough either.

I think most of the managers in the top league in Scotland have convinced themselves the only way to do well is to be negative and grind out 1-0’s.  As much as I don’t like Airdrie, it’s refreshing to see a team doing well trying to play attacking exciting football.

Given the mess we've been left in by the gang last season, I've always been satisfied with staying up this season, by any means necessary really. I supported the appointment of Levein as I thought he'd be pragmatic and play our best players in their best positions to try and get us out of the mire. I'm still hoping that's what happens, but have to admit that I'm worried we've landed ourselves another philosophy manager (or coach as Kirk seems to set up the team) that just looks to play a certain way regardless of what the reality is in respect of the squad. 

Happy to give the current set up to the end of the season and, if we stay up, the summer window and beyond to see where we are at this point next year. It's not far off being a blank canvas in the summer so will be extremely disappointed if we still look like we're circling the drain (if we don't succumb this season) without any real signs of progress at that point. Appreciate there will be another huge turnover of players and a bedding in period required for that team too.