Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I wasn't there but did Buglione not score an absolute worldie on his debut at Easter Road? We were two-up within about 15 mins but ended up drawing 2-2?

Think he only scored about 2 or 3 more goals?

For a bonus point, can anyone remember the name of the left back signed at the same time from down south?

Edited by Radford

23 minutes ago, Radford said:

I wasn't there but did Buglione not score an absolute worldie on his debut at Easter Road? We were two-up within about 15 mins but ended up drawing 2-2?

For a bonus point, can anyone remember the name of the left back signed at the same time from down south?

Was it not Anthony Cole

25 minutes ago, Radford said:

He did, a volley from the junction of the box iirc, 

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Anthony Cole is right. McClelland signed some truly unremarkable players. John Budden anyone?

Always thought we had wee spells as a club when we tried something different and always fell on our arse. McClelland was signings from English non league, Connolly was Scottish lower divisions and McLean and EPL youth league. 

While you ask John Budden anyone?, I would remind you of Colin Marshall and Lee Hardy. Will have nightmares tonight because of this 

6 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Always thought we had wee spells as a club when we tried something different and always fell on our arse. McClelland was signings from English non league, Connolly was Scottish lower divisions and McLean and EPL youth league. 

While you ask John Budden anyone?, I would remind you of Colin Marshall and Lee Hardy. Will have nightmares tonight because of this 

My main memory of Marshall is him throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't get on as a late sub in one of his early (non)appearances. 

Buglione scored a good goal in a 3-1 win against Hearts on the last day of the season too am sure, at the Ormond Street end as Andy Walker calls it. Hearts managed by Sandy Clark. I think. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

He did - I was in the home end that night and he looked excellent. 

It's a big step up for your new guy. 

This time last year he was playing for Cheadle Heath Nomads, a team I watch regularly, I live half a mile away.

The standard isn't great, probably poor junior level but he was there for 4-5 months, scored a load of goals, got player of the year and a move to Warrington Rylands. 

He's obviously carried on improving, Warrington are a step up from the Nomads but its a bit of a leap for the player.

Just now, eindhovendee said:

It's a big step up for your new guy. 

This time last year he was playing for Cheadle Heath Nomads, a team I watch regularly, I live half a mile away.

The standard isn't great, probably poor junior level but he was there for 4-5 months, scored a load of goals, got player of the year and a move to Warrington Rylands. 

He's obviously carried on improving, Warrington are a step up from the Nomads but its a bit of a leap for the player.

The goal is the same size whatever level. Give him the ball and he will score, which can't be said of many of our strikers.

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The goal is the same size whatever level. Give him the ball and he will score, which can't be said of many of our strikers.

Absolutely. Can’t understand teams spunking millions on guys who are proven goalscorers at, or near, the level they play at. You must have just pipped Pep to this lad?

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Absolutely. Can’t understand teams spunking millions on guys who are proven goalscorers at, or near, the level they play at. You must have just pipped Pep to this lad?

It's fun taking a gamble on someone from an even diddier league than ours.