Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

What’s peoples opinion then? Is the squad stronger that it was at the start of the window? 

Could still do with some width, but we got some deadwood out and hopefully get more out this month.

I imagine they'll be looking at McClelland going to the championship for game time, as well as shipping Stevie, Ballantyne and Crawford out on loan.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Turner Cooke and Costelloe out with Adama and Kimpioka in in forward areas looks at least the same, probably better for us as they're our players. Smith as an attacking midfielder looks okay and Keltjens is a definite upgrade on what we had. Kerr Smith is a decent player but I struggle to see when he gets a game if no one is injured. Levien says no but you can't help think he was a replacement for Robinson.

Good point about them being our players. I don't think they are downgrades in anyway on the loan players, but we get the benefit that if they come good, we either get them for longer and/or we get a fee.

Phillips is the example we should be selling to some of these guys. Young age, but career stalled a bit. A good run in the team and he looks like he is moving upwards in his career.

What is good, is that none of these signings are older and expensive 

Think I'd have been much happier if we'd signed a wing back but we are where we are. 

Biggest disappointment is the amount of dead wood still at the club. At the start of the window you could just about put together a dead wood 11 and a lot of that is still there, arguably one or two others added given the current state of the squad. 

Deadwood 11:

Richards (I know that's harsh as he's here as a back up, but I need a goalie)

Brown Olunfunwa Booth Gallagher

Costelloe Ballantyne McPherson Crawford Turner-Cooke

Jephcott

laughably bad. 

edit: there's others you could have on the bench too. 

Edited by Kyle

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Think I'd have been much happier if we'd signed a wing back but we are where we are. 

Biggest disappointment is the amount of dead wood still at the club. At the start of the window you could just about put together a dead wood 11 and a lot of that is still there, arguably one or two others added given the current state of the squad. 

Deadwood 11:

Richards (I know that's harsh as he's here as a back up, but I need a goalie)

Brown Olunfunwa Booth Gallagher

Costelloe Ballantyne McPherson Crawford Turner-Cooke

Jephcott

laughably bad. 

edit: there's others you could have on the bench too. 

And probably a ridiculous amount of wages for Crawfraud and Aldi McCann.Vomit Barf GIF

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

I would have liked a wing back but has there been any update on the likely return of Drey Wright? I'd like to think he's close if we've not signed anyone. We desperately miss him.

Seems Drey will return late Feb/early March.

Fucked my eye up last week but sounds like ive still gone through less suffering than those who've seen recent matches.

Little to say about things, as little ive seen, but something about Sidibeh just feels right to me, so im feeling positive about that one.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fucked my eye up last week but sounds like ive still gone through less suffering than those who've seen recent matches.

Little to say about things, as little ive seen, but something about Sidibeh just feels right to me, so im feeling positive about that one.

Speedy recovery. Cracking eye patch you had! 

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Haaarr Matey. Let's hope we can steal the points tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Distinct lack of shitey stat charts.

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Aye was brutal, thankfully home now 😂

3mm shard of metal right through the eye and wedged into the back. Absolutely mental theres any chance i get sight back in it at all.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Haaarr Matey. Let's hope we can steal the points tomorrow.

Distinct lack of shitey stat charts.

Sidibeh is literally exactly who i built the system to help explain too 😂 probably be a month until i can deal with a laptop screen again.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

3mm shard of metal right through the eye and wedged into the back. Absolutely mental theres any chance i get sight back in it at all.

Want to change the username to CyclopsGuy.  ?

Just now, tree house tam said:

Want to change the username to CyclopsGuy.  ?

I'll tell you in 4-5 weeks

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just reading that has ruined my night. Fucking hell.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

All the best dude.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye that sounds rough, hope you make a full recovery min. 

There’s bound to be some cheap comment available about a Saints fan suffering an eye bleeding injury…
but I hope no one sinks that low.

Interested to see how Adama Sidibeh gets on,a massive step up from Northern premier league, even more remarkable that last season he was further down the pyramid in nw counties but seen him play a couple of times this season, big fast and direct with a massive leap.  Make no mistake the northern premier is a tough division and would say followers of the league will watch his progress with interest