Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Guess traffic flow would be an issue if the stadium moved to the ice rink though? Glover Street is a nightmare as it is, so you'd have to find a way around that. Maybe find a way to work the park and ride in to run shuttle buses to games?

I actually don't think it would be that bad. Lots of people would walk in or get a bus and those who are driving would probably park in the streets close - but not too near - to the ground and walk in. Then you have the retail parks with loads of parking by the likes of B&M. I think people would quickly learn to avoid driving round that area on matchdays, which is no bad thing if it means reducing traffic on the roads or makes people consider alternative means of travel into town. 

ETA: nothing stopping the council putting a post on their socials reminding people it's matchday so there will be increased traffic and to avoid the area if they can. Probably too sensible an idea for P&K Council though.

Edited by jamamafegan

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

There is nothing wrong with McDiarmid Park. This isn't some ancient terraced stadium built 100 years ago, it's only 35 years old.

Fairly sure the Browns were quoted, before Covid, as saying maintenance costs for the ground were starting to spiral out of control. With major renovations (again) needed on the car park and pitch, and the seats in the stadium seeming to regularly be coming loose from the concrete.

Latest account seem to suggest we set aside around £800k- £1m for the stadium every year.

Accounts for last season now up on companies house, btw.

Turnover: £5.1m

Transfer fees spent: £300k

Wage bill (all teams): £4.55m

Total loss: £2m

Cash reserves: £4.56m

Transfer fee total, and sly dig about keeping an eye on "youth development fees", probably confirms the rumours we spent £250k on a youth player, with the rest being the Nicky Clark fee?

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Accounts for last season now up on companies house, btw.

Turnover: £5.1m

Transfer fees spent: £300k

Wage bill (all teams): £4.55m

Total loss: £2m

Cash reserves: £4.56m

Transfer fee total, and sly dig about keeping an eye on "youth development fees", probably confirms the rumours we spent £250k on a youth player, with the rest being the Nicky Clark fee?

Wasn't there rumours of Clark's fee being around that

an annual wage bill of near 5 million???? I dont follow the accounts much to be honest but that sounds wildly out of control (as I type this though I do start thinking... well we kinda knew it was out of control). Especially compared to turnover!

That seems to be at least double what it should be?

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Wasn't there rumours of Clark's fee being around that

an annual wage bill of near 5 million???? I dont fall the accounts much to be honest but that sounds wildly out of control (as I type this though I do start thinking... well we kinda knew it was out of control). Especially compared to turnover!

That seems to be at least double what it should be?

They say they usually have it at 60-70% of turnover, and the season before was (from memory so sorry if its wrong) about £3.2m

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They say they usually have it at 60-70% of turnover, and the season before was (from memory so sorry if its wrong) about £3.2m

If your in the right ball park though thats a substantial increase within 12 months. 

What it produced as well was no better than what it was with the much power wage bill as well. 

That wage bill is utterly ludicrous, especially when you see the players, coaches and staff up the stairs it helped pay for (not all of them obviously). 

10 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Think Stan basically said never happening at one of the meetings when asked similar about hosting events in one in the car park 😭

He did indeed. Different story when we’ve got sweet dolla billz to throw around though. 

45 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Think Stan basically said never happening at one of the meetings when asked similar about hosting events in one in the car park 😭

It was suggested to Stan that the Astro pitch could perhaps be used and was shot down immediately. It’s fine having kids stuff on it but any damage from a cigarette or alcohol could mean it’s unusable for a period of time. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Hold on. We spent £300,000 on transfer fees between May 2022 and May 2023?

Come on, someone just spit it out who this momentual f**k up was regarding.

Probably one of Davidson’s weird signings like Dailly or Sandford.