Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Levein talking about MacPherson getting a good pre-season.

Done.

Sack the fucker now. 

I can still understand why coaches like MacPherson. He's probably the right personality and I can imagine him spraying passes about and looking good aggression wise compared to others in our training sessions.

He just fails to cope with the tempo/pressure of an actual match and the basics collapse.

Very much one who will get better in their mind the less he actually plays.

This chat has given me the fear he'll be proclaimed Phillips replacement and we'll head to Cappielow for the season opener next season with a midfield 3 of MacPherson, Kucheriavyi and Connor Smith.

Apart from being made of glass, MacPherson has shown absolutely zero when it's mattered. If he's offered a contract after this it's an absolute joke.

Management is about tough decisions and whether or not he lights up the training ground and keeps the squad entertained,( when not denying COVID and vaccines) he's not managed to stay fit. We don't have the luxury now of holding onto guys who might be good if they can sort out physical issues. 

12 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Next week: Ali Crawford update. 

Pre contract with St Cadocs we can only hope. 

29 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Next week: Ali Crawford update. 

"Guarantees goals and thats something we've lacked this season, excited to get him on the park"

This sale feels like as good a time as any to take leave of St Johnstone and to start following Jeanfield. I'd be disappointed if they signed Cammy MacPherson never mind Saints. Perma crock passenger. 

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This sale feels like as good a time as any to take leave of St Johnstone and to start following Jeanfield. 

You don't know your living. It was much worse in the 80s, when just 12 people were attending matches at home to East Fife in the 4th tier.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You don't know your living. It was much worse in the 80s, when just 12 people were attending matches at home to East Fife in the 4th tier.

In 1985/6: 3rd tier. Albion Rovers and East Stirling, not East Fife. Glory days, more enjoyable than this garbage. If Molly Brown came in for a tackle the opponent shirked it. Great stuff 😂 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

This sale feels like as good a time as any to take leave of St Johnstone and to start following Jeanfield. I'd be disappointed if they signed Cammy MacPherson never mind Saints. Perma crock passenger. 

Black and White strips? You make me sick.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/scottish-football-club-to-roll-out-red-carpet-for-holywood-investor-former-netflix-chief?utm_source=whatsapp&fbclid=IwY2xjawB9AE4BHVjsLvXUcbTdsJQUFT-0XRe3__i3W9cOmGNDTwqEI3D2Mxu3Y3Ai4dkuUA

Interesting to see what's going on motherwell - doesn't sound like the threat of playoff worrying investors too much there.

Hopefully we get some update soon with what's going on at saints. 

30 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

MacPherson has not been offered a new contract, yet.

It's been reported that nobody has until we know what division we'll be in.

8 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Apart from being made of glass, MacPherson has shown absolutely zero when it's mattered. If he's offered a contract after this it's an absolute joke.

Management is about tough decisions and whether or not he lights up the training ground and keeps the squad entertained,( when not denying COVID and vaccines) he's not managed to stay fit. We don't have the luxury now of holding onto guys who might be good if they can sort out physical issues. 

This is where I am with him as well. He obviously has ability, but he’s never put it together in more than 2 or 3 matches for us.  In 2.5 years that, combined with his injury record, mean it’s time to move on. Probably best for his career as well.  However,  if we end up relegated I wouldn’t be surprised if we offer him a contract.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

we'll head to Cappielow for the season opener next season with a midfield 3 of MacPherson, Kucheriavyi and Connor Smith.

That’s one of the worst things I’ve ever read. A horrendous prospect.

Connor Smith already has ground to make up for me after apparently taking the huff for not starting a game.  This after doing absolutely f**k all in his previous appearances for us. 

4 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

https://news.stv.tv/sport/scottish-football-club-to-roll-out-red-carpet-for-holywood-investor-former-netflix-chief?utm_source=whatsapp&fbclid=IwY2xjawB9AE4BHVjsLvXUcbTdsJQUFT-0XRe3__i3W9cOmGNDTwqEI3D2Mxu3Y3Ai4dkuUA

Interesting to see what's going on motherwell - doesn't sound like the threat of playoff worrying investors too much there.

Hopefully we get some update soon with what's going on at saints. 

In fairness, if things are as rumoured on our thread the level of investment we're looking at is much more modest largely because we're not actually looking to sell the club (despite the impression our chairman seems to have inadvertently created).

In that respect I'd imagine your scenario with the Browns selling up has much more riding on it than ours.