Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think a semi ok performance just papers over the cracks a bit.

It does, a lot. Baffled so many people think that was fine, considering we were 1-0 down after 6 minutes which led directly to our opponents backing off and us being able to settle into the game and have possession. It was yet another game where the attacking plan is just shelling balls up the channel or spamming crosses, while numerous players pass the buck, and we have no form of press on opponents too. The winner was embarrassing for everyone, the manager leaving fucked players on, the defenders not closing down the crosser again, the defence not dealing with a cross again, yet everyone's just saying it's "bad luck" we didn't get a point.

Levein claiming we'll stay up comfortably if we match that is surely just waffle to try and boost his players confidence.

We're totally fucked if that's as good as we can play when giving the chance to attack constantly.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The winner was embarrassing for everyone, the manager leaving fucked players on, the defenders not closing down the crosser again, the defence not dealing with a cross again, yet everyone's just saying it's "bad luck" we didn't get a point.

While I think we deserved a point , this is also true. We have a manager who appears to be going through the motions and not giving a toss. When Sidibe went down with cramp he couldn’t make a substitution because nobody was ready to come on and it’s not the first time that’s happened since the non-dynamic duo started. They also don’t seem to understand that you are only allowed 3 stoppages to make subs. This is why we see teams bring on 2or3 players at a time. Meanwhile we make one change when it was blatantly obvious that both Max and Gallagher were breathing out of their arse and Smith was his usual invisible self. It’s stuff like this added to his generally defensive nature that should get him the sack.

We look a poorly coached team, on top of obviously not having a good squad.

We have too many players who don't own a position. A squad should have a few versatile guys that help pad out numbers but we have too many of them. Too many who have played in far too many roles this season, rather than nailing down one.

Rip it up and start again.

16 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I'd even bring Lomas back and I hated him.

Pray for the Grill jukebox.

I don't know whether I'd want TW back still. His legacy remains intact and the next few years will be shite regardless of who's in charge I fear.

Relegation, a complete sweep of the squad/management, and try and fluke a great new squad with a good manager is our best bet to avoid that. Staying up = Levein or Kirk as manager and another season of 5 at the back, cling on to top flight, shitebagball.

All I want is a 4 at the back, pace on the wings, and a team that fights.

What's better as a scenario?

Staying up and a new owner bins Levein in summer or early next season?

Or we go down and a new owner oversees a complete overhaul?

Really enjoyed Adama’s performance yesterday. He makes plenty of mistakes but he’s got a lot to his game and is exciting to watch.

He set up Gallacher’s chance in the first half with a great leap to flick it on, and laid one on a plate for Clark. His goal was brilliant, think it was as Dens he nearly scored a similar one but was denied by a great save. 

For those that missed it, here’s his goal from yesterday:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EdL-KyIAw4Q&pp=ygUjcGVsZSBiaWN5Y2xlIGtpY2sgZXNjYXBlIHRvIHZpY3Rvcnk%3D

21 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

What's better as a scenario?

Staying up and a new owner bins Levein in summer or early next season?

Or we go down and a new owner oversees a complete overhaul?

Part of me thinks Leveins not arsed because he knows he’s gone when the new owners are confirmed. 

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Stop yer fucking moaning and mewling Saintees.

If you're a Saint, join the ride and let's fight to the end, f**k these fannies.

1a2e8125aa2d6183caa860c674aa1989.gif.00081d5f93978f70c373a382e4a1d25d.gif

Considine 37 today. Time for the auld c**t to retire and take up space on Sportsound as a slightly more modern Aberdeen expert than Willie Miller.

On 31/03/2024 at 11:10, mizfit said:

Part of me thinks Leveins not arsed because he knows he’s gone when the new owners are confirmed. 

There is a bit of me thinks that too, but equally I wonder whether if/when the new owner(s) come in, could he take on a similar role as he did at Hearts?

I suspect the new owner will have limited knowledge of Scottish football, so will undoubtedly want someone in, even if short term only.

On Levein as manager, I think he would argue that his sole remit is to make sure the club is not relegated, by any means necessary. Caution and measured approaches is fine, provided the main objective is achieved. But as mentioned above, the continued lack of readiness of subs and time taken to get them on is noticeable.

FWIW, I think as soon as we are confirmed safe (if at all), then new owners will be announced. Arguably cannot wait until mid summer for it to happen as manager, Levein or whoever, will need to know budget etc. Even then, while we are not dishing out contracts, even if the manager isn't drawing up lists or Premiership/Championship signings, surely that is what Gus MacPherson is there to do. If he isn't, then he serves no obvious purpose. No excuse not to be prepared regardless of what league we end up in. 

On 31/03/2024 at 17:21, tree house tam said:

Far from a happy clapper but not quite as much of a melodramatic fanny as you.

I vent my frustration/anger out online so I can be relaxed in real life, I'd recommend it tbh.

8 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

There is a bit of me thinks that too, but equally I wonder whether if/when the new owner(s) come in, could he take on a similar role as he did at Hearts?

Always felt this was the plan tbh. Levein would move upstairs this Summer and Kirk would be officially named manager.

I do wonder sometimes about who's actually managing us just now. A lot of how we play is just trying to replicate Brechin (5 at the back shape, central striker playing dropping deep/wide, sideways possession) and a decision literally never seems to be made without Kirk and Levein discussing it at length. Feels like Kirk is the actual manager at times and Levein is just adding his thoughts every so often and fronting it all to get the stick/media attention so Kirk can acclimatise to top flight management without that pressure.

That's not something I feel hugely comfortable with and I hate the 5-2-3 with a passion but that's exactly where I think we'll end up with Kirk long term. Suspect we'll see that shape against County after the split.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I vent my frustration/anger out online so I can be relaxed in real life, I'd recommend it tbh.

Oh, so that's not you that was always raging down the front of the east stand then? 

Every fucking thread I click on on here, there you are moaning and saying we're getting relegated. It gets very boring after the first 2 seasons but yet there you are still fucking at it.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Oh, so that's not you that was always raging down the front of the east stand then? 

Footballs not real life, Tam.

Neithers this site. Just relax a little.