Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Clubman of the year.

Oaft.

Crossed my mind hes been given an award as a farewell.

22 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Benji would have won the Highland Saints Magic Moment award for his goal against County if anyone could have been arsed going. 

Magic moment for me was Adama’s bicycle kick v Dundee.

Who got clubman of the year??

“Maybe next year it’ll be a striker winning those awards and not the goalie, because that’s what wins games.” 

A comment from a member of our management team. 

59 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

🤣

If you go down, is he widely expected to leave? He's had a few brain farts in recent weeks but I've been really impressed with him this season and a few top flight clubs might offer him a route back in the summer. You'll have us, Abderdeen, Hibs, Motherwell and possibly Dundee all looking for new first choice goalkeepers.

Posted (edited)

Can't imagine he'll be looking to stay to play in our championship, he apparently chose us in the first place to boost his international credentials and turned down higher wage offers to play in a top flight (which immediately worked, think he was in the next Bulgaria squad). 

We won't  sell him for buttons if (most likely when) we are relegated though, I can't see him going to Dundee or St Mirren unless the boat is really pushed out to get him. Would be a pretty horrible start for the new owner if he does let Mitov go on the cheap. 

Edited by Kyle

37 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If you go down, is he widely expected to leave? He's had a few brain farts in recent weeks but I've been really impressed with him this season and a few top flight clubs might offer him a route back in the summer. You'll have us, Abderdeen, Hibs, Motherwell and possibly Dundee all looking for new first choice goalkeepers.

He'll want to stay in the top league as he's just become No. 1 for Bulgaria it seems. I can't see the club blocking him but we will need a transfer fee. However, we are notoriously easy to deal with so he might be sold for about £200 and a new lawnmower.

46 minutes ago, mizfit said:

“Maybe next year it’ll be a striker winning those awards and not the goalie, because that’s what wins games.” 

A comment from a member of our management team. 

Seems like a person presenting an award chose that moment to have a go at Levein?

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Seems like a person presenting an award chose that moment to have a go at Levein?

Aye, second hand cringe at it 

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Magic moment for me was Adama’s bicycle kick v Dundee.

Who got clubman of the year??

The groundsman.

8 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Guy on WAP saying he used his time at the microphone to tell Levein he should be playing Sprangler and May more and Max less, and had tried to speak to him privately before that but had told to back off by others.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Have to feel like the guys at Barossa Street just wanted to be different. 

Who's actually voting for those awards?

After the arse of it the club made there aren't any buses going to games from there. That only leaves the "members" the club itself 🤷‍♂️

On 05/05/2024 at 22:38, djchapsticks said:

Trevor Carson is still doing a brilliant job for us. I can only see us going for McCracken if pushing the boat out for a new first choice or signing a back-up for Carson tbf.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Trevor Carson is still doing a brilliant job for us. I can only see us going for McCracken if pushing the boat out for a new first choice or signing a back-up for Carson tbf.

This genuinely isn't meant as a dig, but there is not a hope in hell Mitov would be signing for another club in Scotland outside the old firm, edinburgh clubs or Aberdeen. No chance he'd be going to Motherwell or Dundee. He's too good for us and if we do stay up, will have a right battle to keep him for next season. For me, his next move needs to be for his career, up a level abroad or at worst, EFL championship.  He turned down a 2nd choice option in the English championship to come to us and arguably, even then he probably signed for a club a level below where he should have been going.

On saints signings for next season, regardless of what division we are in, the players we end up with have to be less injury prone that the recent batches of signings. MacPherson and Gallacher are permacrocks and when you throw in the aging others like Considine, McGowan and Clark, we just don't have enough fitness in the squad.

Dundee this season for me are the template of the kind of player we should be bringing in. Properly injury free players, who have the physicality to last a full season managed by a good tactically astute manager who has decent man management skills. 

Anyone else disappointed, but not surprised,  that there hasn't been a peep (that I have seen anyway) from Levein about our u18's winning the league? For a guy who has a reputation for developing players, he has little to no interest in the clubs youth players, which is pretty poor given we have arguable the best crop we have ever had. 

4 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Anyone else disappointed, but not surprised,  that there hasn't been a peep (that I have seen anyway) from Levein about our u18's winning the league? For a guy who has a reputation for developing players, he has little to no interest in the clubs youth players, which is pretty poor given we have arguable the best crop we have ever had. 

Honestly, I’d rather the first team manager was fully focused on sorting out the fucking shambles on the pitch. Couldn’t care less about him getting involved with the under 18s, let Alasdair Campbell do a great job and speak about it. 

The less Levein is involved currently the less he can f**k it up. 

23 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Tbf none are likely to impact the first team this season so there's not much point in him discussing them much, if at all. Even the ones who seem impressive, like McCrystal and Mylchreest are likely needing another loan or two before they'll be at the first team.