Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, Radford said:

I've felt a lot of apathy recently but the team went a way to eroding that with their performance yesterday. They came out with a purpose and, as a fan, you can feed off that.

It was high stakes so the defeat stings but I can't question the performance and it's almost snapped me out of this malaise with regard to the ambivalence towards relegation.

We've worked so hard to make it 15 years in the top division and shouldn't just accept it coming to an end.

Exactly how I feel, yesterday’s performance at least gives us hope , if not getting 10th, at least promise for the play off, which I didn’t have 

1 hour ago, Balde Bairn said:

Let’s be accurate, it’s a lot more than 300 fans extra Dunfermline and Falkirk have. 

keep the crowdwanking jibs coming 😊

*Jibe

4 hours ago, Radford said:

I've felt a lot of apathy recently but the team went a way to eroding that with their performance yesterday. They came out with a purpose and, as a fan, you can feed off that.

It was high stakes so the defeat stings but I can't question the performance and it's almost snapped me out of this malaise with regard to the ambivalence towards relegation.

We've worked so hard to make it 15 years in the top division and shouldn't just accept it coming to an end.

This is where I’m at.

Yesterday stings a lot due to the fact we should have had them dead and buried, and the timing of their winner.

But we played in a way I enjoyed for an hour and can get behind that positive approach, tempo and effort.

May, Macpherson, Wright, Sidibeh all had positive performances. 

It’s easy to give up on this manager and squad due to what’s gone before, but yesterday was a different approach, and let’s be honest, if we’d had a bit of luck and better finishing we’d have won.

38 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Everytime folk post you think they're having a meltdown 😵‍💫

I'm sceptical about this accusation and saddened you'd resort to such a thing.

I'll forgive you though since you're clearly struggling with your teams current predicament. 

14 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

I speak for Scottish football when I say I hope St Johnstone finally get relegated. Scottish football has been dogged by tinpot teams in the top flight for too long that is now finally correcting itself. St Johnstone have spent way too long in the top division for a club of its stature. 

Well done for finally dragging yourself out of the 3rd division 😂

Had hoped for a club statement today seeing Levein and Kirk getting punted but not to be... Looking back to Clelland's interim game previously v Killie when there was positive attacking and organised football, you do wonder what level of input Clelland is given by the Chuckle Brothers. I'm guessing Clelland is a frustrated figure and more fool Levein and Kirk for not listening to Clelland's ideas. Wednesday's game is huge and an interim management team of Clelland, Griffin and Alistair Stevenson would at least show the fans that the board get it - but won't hold my breath.  This season has as much been about checking other scores rather than watching the dross on the field. Whilst all eyes are on Wednesday's game, I guess we are looking for Aberdeen's uptake of form to keep going, alongside a Hibs victory v Motherwell. This would leave Motherwell with little to play for next Sunday whilst Aberdeen going for the win at County ahead of their new gaffer coming in.  Oh for the days of going to a Saints game, enjoy the game and not have to rely on other results...

Now that I've said that, next weekend will be irrelavent after Levein does what Levein does on Wednesday.

Just now, Kempes said:

Regardless of the midweek results, I am pretty sure Motherwell will want to win their final fixture. 

I'd be stunned if they didnt spend 90 minutes trying to get Bair a hat trick.

Seen rumours of Bair heading down south for £750k minimum. 

would’ve been nice to have gotten something out of him. 

Theo Bair was complete shite in a St Johnstone shirt, he knows it, we know it. Fair play for using his chance at Motherwell to rectify what he couldn't do with us. He needed the kick up the arse that he got by being released early and it's worked out great for him. Would he have had that kind of season if we'd kept him? Not a chance, even if he'd started every week.

Nothing to disagree with in the above, but the season Bair has had is a small degree of redemption for the scouting set-up that brought him in from (his loan at) the Norwegian second tier.

Given I still think Vertainen could have done something, the recruitment was only shockingly bad, rather than outright horrendous.

13 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Nothing to disagree with in the above, but the season Bair has had is a small degree of redemption for the scouting set-up that brought him in from (his loan at) the Norwegian second tier.

Yes and no. He was identified and on a list but that doesn't mean he was highly recommended. He's what happens if after not listening to you for 3 weeks, a manager comes to you in the last week of the window and demands a big striker.

Davidson was told Bair wasn't a battering ram but only cared that he was tall.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Yes and no. He was identified and on a list but that doesn't mean he was highly recommended. He's what happens if after not listening to you for 3 weeks, a manager comes to you in the last week of the window and demands a big striker.

Couldn't be more correct. 

Posted (edited)

In his limited time on the pitch against us for you lot, I thought Bair was a player. I don't think anyone - even he could have predicted what a success he'd be at Motherwell but I did think he'd bring more to a team than say Stevie May has done for the past 6-7 year! 

ETA: Turns out I'm blethering, he never got off the bench against us. Dunno what game it was I watched him in then - must have been a televised one.

Edited by Ludo*1

3 hours ago, Radford said:

47 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Couldn't be more correct. 

Should never be allowed on the premises again.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

In his limited time on the pitch against us for you lot, I thought Bair was a player. I don't think anyone - even he could have predicted what a success he'd be at Motherwell but I did think he'd bring more to a team than say Stevie May has done for the past 6-7 year! 

ETA: Turns out I'm blethering, he never got off the bench against us. Dunno what game it was I watched him in then - must have been a televised one.

We don't score a lot of goals and haven't since we came back up but May was our top scorer last season with 9 in the league.