Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The more opposing fans tell us hes shite the more I'm convinced itll work out.

A Scottish cup and a cup double built on exactly this. 

30 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

At Hearts, he was one of those players who was pretty poor 90% of the time, but then would do something unexpectedly great and you'd be thinking 'oh wait, maybe he's coming onto a game'.

And then he'd be shit again - throwing himself over screaming for a non-existent foul in spite of being about three stone of muscle bigger than the bloke marking him because he simply isn't a good enough footballer to take a ball in - and you'd remember that no, he's just not very good and that 90% of his game is based on being a big old unit.

Which is obviously an attribute in itself, so maybe he'll work out at Saints just by letting the ball bounce of his massive frame to Sidibeh - but I never saw that happening all that often at Hearts.

He absolutely was not poor 90% of the time. A ridiculous rewriting of history. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Taylor Steven contract announced next pls, alongside a photo of him in an outstanding away top.

Club actually being proactive this Summer feels great and should bring rewards.

The nice lady in the saints shop told me the away top is like nothing we've seen before if anyone is interested in that information.

1 minute ago, CrieffSaint said:

The nice lady in the saints shop told me the away top is like nothing we've seen before if anyone is interested in that information.

Hope it's a Mosconi cup style America themed away kit. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Hope it's a Mosconi cup style America themed away kit. 

With our brand new name on it in an American sports style.

Perth Pirates.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Think Gary Anderson.

Tartan sleeves? 

Fair enough, as long as the the tartan has the star spangled banner running through it

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's patently nonsense to say he was absolutely shite. He was effective and he has done well at a level not much worse after leaving us.

That doesn't mean it's not Levein living in his comfort zone, but he'll do ok.

I know it was a grim list of strikers before Ikpeazu, but he was categorically shite.

And he will be for St Johnstone, even when he arses one in from a yard at Tynecastle.

Suggesting anything else is rewriting history. Five goals. 40 appearances. Guff.

A likeable guy? Yes. A trier? Yes. A nuisance for defenders? Arguably yes. Absolutely shite? Definitely yes.

Happy with the addition. Addresses a need we have been crying out for. A physical forward presence who can allow us to mix it up ( instead of being predictable).

You don't play in the English championship if you are crap and he last played there 2 years ago.

I like how CL identified and addressed the lack of pace up top in the Jan window. High hopes he can now rebuild our defence and midfield. 

Levein managed to get Keltjens, Sidibeh and Kimpioka in a window where he wouldn't have had much money to play with. Pretty good going really. He'll have a lot more now with the amount of dross we're now free of, fingers crossed he can bring in some pace at the back, some speed in wide areas and some more grit in the middle of the park. 

I know what I've said there is quite generic but honestly, after the last 3 years I just want us to get back to being St Johnstone again. 

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

I know what I've said there is quite generic but honestly, after the last 3 years I just want us to get back to being St Johnstone again. 

Aye. Imagine the bliss of being in this thread in 12 months, after a top 8 finish, with the place swarming with fans of other clubs telling us how shit we are.

Ikpeazu and Sidibeh could be an absolute nightmare for teams as they simply won't be able to go 2v2 at the back, so it could force sides deeper/more defensive against us, and make it a total slog for them to attack.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. Imagine the bliss of being in this thread in 12 months, after a top 8 finish, with the place swarming with fans of other clubs telling us how shit we are.

Ikpeazu and Sidibeh could be an absolute nightmare for teams as they simply won't be able to go 2v2 at the back, so it could force sides deeper/more defensive against us, and make it a total slog for them to attack.

As Michael McGovern keeps his 18th clean sheet.