Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I’ve been pissing myself laughing at your 1 poster who is pushing your wee striker as a future world class star.

He’s a 25 year old non league journeyman. An exotic Simon Murray if you will. 

May well go on to have a good career in Scotland - as Simon Murray has - but having watched him a few times now the hyperbole seen on here from admittedly 1 poster is incredible. He’s came to Scotland and sprinted about aimlessly for the most part, getting 5 goals in 15 games at a poor level and primarily against the dross (yes he scored against Dundee - you can have that one) 

I get last season was a tough one, but just because someone came in and tried does not make him a world beater. 

Thank you

6 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

I’ve been pissing myself laughing at your 1 poster who is pushing your wee striker as a future world class star.

May well go on to have a good career in Scotland - as Simon Murray has - but having watched him a few times now the hyperbole seen on here from admittedly 1 poster is incredible. He’s came to Scotland and sprinted about aimlessly for the most part, getting 5 goals in 15 games at a poor level and primarily against the dross (yes he scored against Dundee - you can have that one) 

I get last season was a tough one, but just because someone came in and tried does not make him a world beater. 

Thank you

All I read here was “Were not paying St Johnstone our Tic because it’s not fair.” 

Waaah.

What is the impact on this "approval in principle"...?

I presume they'll need to explicitly confirm they won't change the badge etc as requested and also provide some kind of written plan on how they'll meet the fan engagement requirements during the takeover.

That'll take time though. Does that then mean though the SPFL will not officially approve it until upon receipt of the requested info at the next meeting? 😵‍💫

17 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What is the impact on this "approval in principle"...?

I presume they'll need to explicitly confirm they won't change the badge etc as requested and also provide some kind of written plan on how they'll meet the fan engagement requirements during the takeover.

That'll take time though. Does that then mean though the SPFL will not officially approve it until upon receipt of the requested info at the next meeting? 😵‍💫

I’d say it’s as good as done, and it’ll all be confirmed in the next couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

Thank you

Like Sofia Moussa getting three against Cowdenbeath, and was going to rip up the league? 😅

6 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Like Sofia Moussa getting three against Cowdenbeath, and was going to rip up the league? 😅

I guess the key difference being that after 3/4 top flight games the realization that he was utter shite was blanket across the Dee support.

Its a fairly good example as he played  46 first team games and got 15 goals - a remarkably similar strike rate to your man. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

All I read here was “Were not paying St Johnstone our Tic because it’s not fair.” 

Waaah.

I don’t understand this reference - but I suggest you work on your literacy skills.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Thank you

Actually approaching 50 now....FB_IMG_1617633024395.jpeg.486fcd3b88837e89b62f71394bcea2df.jpeg

As much as I disagree with RandomGuy's post and I don't personally believe we've yet seen anything to suggest that Adama Sidibeh is capable of 'playing regularly in a top 5 league', I'm wholeheartedly against opposition supporters coming onto the St Johnstone thread and speaking ill of our majestic footballers.

3 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Thank you

I totally agree, for what it's worth.

If he ever plays for a top 5 team in a top league I'll be flabbergasted.

Happy, but flabbergasted.

17 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

If he ever plays for a top 5 team in a top league I'll be flabbergasted.

I'd like to clarify I never said I thought he'd play for a top team in a top 5 league, just I thought he could play in those leagues.

For like a Mallorca, or Strasbourg, or Cagliari.

You'll all be regretting taking the piss when he's leading the line for Bayer Leverkusen in 3 years.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd like to clarify I never said I thought he'd play for a top team in a top 5 league, just I thought he could play in those leagues.

For like a Mallorca, or Strasbourg, or Cagliari.

Or Almeria, Metz or Sassuolo?