Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Radford said:

What a chronic mishandling of a situation if Taylor Steven leaves.

In your eyes.

What if the general consensus among the staff is "let him go"?

As long as we've offered him something if course, to cover compo.

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What if the general consensus among the staff is "let him go"?

Then you'd worry about their judgement.

I could see them thinking Banks is better so getting him makes Steven pointless, but honestly you could have both quite easily playing in the same team and/or rotating. If Steven is wanting guarantees about game time I think you give him a year, tell him he'll get a chance in the league cup and over the next 6 months, and its reviewed again in January. I don't think you just tell him no and that he can leave.

Surely he's not going to expect guarantees over playing time after a good season in league 1 though?

I couldn't see Levein and co being willing to guarantee him anything other than he'll be in and around the squad in the League Cup and go from there. It would then be up to him to show what he's got. 

If we'd signed someone from his level at his age they wouldn't get any kind of guarantee over playing time from the manager. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Their judgement isn't just based on talent alone though, unlike fans.

Not that it matters anyway as I think he'll stay.

True. I believe that when Tommy punted Dylan Easton it wasn't because he didn't he rate his football. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

What a chronic mishandling of a situation if Taylor Steven leaves.

Not if it the player that wants to move and try something new like living in another continent

Edited by Templar Saint

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Then you'd worry about their judgement.

I could see them thinking Banks is better so getting him makes Steven pointless, but honestly you could have both quite easily playing in the same team and/or rotating. If Steven is wanting guarantees about game time I think you give him a year, tell him he'll get a chance in the league cup and over the next 6 months, and its reviewed again in January. I don't think you just tell him no and that he can leave.

Don’t know a great deal about Scott Banks. He may turn out to be decent but we don’t know. We do however know what Taylor Steven is capable of because we saw it at the start of last season and throughout the season with Alloa. How many times have we been told we’ve signed greatness only to be disappointed. Jephcott recently and Stefan Scougall before that come to mind but are just 2 of many examples. If there are no extenuating circumstances then we should be trying everything possible to get Steven signed.

5 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Hating seeing those Rooney photos in St Mirren garb.

Think he'll do a job?

54 minutes ago, Lex said:

Think he'll do a job?

Be interested to see how being closer to home affects him, good or bad.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be interested to see how being closer to home affects him, good or bad.

I think he can carry any excesses he has at this stage in his career, He's a fit guy. It will eventually catch up with him though but not for a good few years.

At least he'll be able to get pished and go to his beloved Celtic Park most Sundays and obviously buy his scarves/tricolours etc at St Mirrens club shop. 

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Think he'll do a job?

As long as he's allowed to play his game out wide, bombing on. 

How are St Mirren fans with their players regularly declaring/displaying their love for one of the OF?