Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Rae had a few good saves early in the second half and looks more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Mitov(not difficult I know). 

His kicking was suspect today....

1 hour ago, John Bonham said:

After my moan a couple of days ago I’m loving these maverick signings tbh! They’re not all going to work but good chance of finding a gem or two

Aye at least there's an unknown element to it. I mean we're probably getting relegated either way but a lucky dip box on the way to that is more exciting to me than going down with the likes of Ricki Lamie 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye at least there's an unknown element to it. I mean we're probably getting relegated either way but a lucky dip box on the way to that is more exciting to me than going down with the likes of Ricki Lamie 

We were getting relegated last season according to you, 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not sure staying up on goal difference is something that can be used as evidence those questioning the team last season were wrong. 

Saints were absolutely shite far too often last season.

Staying out of a two legged play off you mean?

Posted (edited)

There's confirmation in the courier that the take over deal will be completed early next week. Wonder if the fact we're suddenly signing players is tied, or if Levein has just been patiently working in the background and it's just taken time to get the players in and that's just a coincidence.

Either way, really exciting times for Saints and a sad day at the same time. I was born a month after Geoff took over the club so it will be strange to not see him involved in one way or another, but it's definitely the right time for fresh blood. 

Edited by Kyle

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

There's confirmation in the courier that the take over deal will be completed early next week. Wonder if the fact we're suddenly signing players is tied, or if Levein has just been patiently working in the background and it's just taken time to get the players in and that's just a coincidence.

The latter 

On 24/02/2024 at 18:40, nelsjfc said:

Not outrageous to suggest we could be bottom this time next week. 

A lot to be worried about but my biggest concern is level of signing in January .  A real feel of "f**k it, let's have a punt" about them.

Still have this nagging feeling about some of the signings. Levein made an early comment not being in the same market he was in at Hearts and having "to think differently" and I worry about going too far down that road although the Cameron signing gives a bit of a sign of the understanding the need to balance the two.

The signings from January have suggested that there should be a bit of faith for now though. 

I think we're pretty decently set for being able to switch between set ups too.

Maybe another CB and LB short in terms of numbers, without looking at quality?

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Remember when we came up against an 18 year old Liberian in Europe and he ran the show? 

What a performance that was btw. 

Posted (edited)

Only the second occasion I can remember an opposition player being applauded off, the other was Gary McAllister after he can the show in Roddy Grant's testimonial, so very different circumstances.

Dorley was very strongly linked with Man City a couple of years ago.

Edited by Radford

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Dorley and Maximov were ridiculously good. That Trakai team were a great watch, even if they did pump us.

I was sure Maksimov was going to end up at a really good level, maybe a few better career choices and he may have. 

We'll definitely need a first choice LB still, IMO. Raymond one I'm not really sure about while watching and struggling a bit to see much beyond him being a relatively good 1v1 wing back going forward. Would think they'll see hints of things that can be easily improved that I cant though.

1 hour ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I’m not getting the hate for Mcpake, thought he looked quick,took his goal well, played in Benji,and worked hard, and back tracked on occasion to defend well too 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think I remember in the second half he tried to nutmeg somebody on the left side line about 18 yards out from our goal lost the ball and I think Arbroath got a chance from it. That said I could be wrong as often with friendly matches my attention can drift from the game due to all the subs coming and going. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

54 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

I think I remember in the second half he tried to nutmeg somebody on the left side line about 18 yards out from our goal lost the ball and I think Arbroath got a chance from it. That said I could be wrong as often with friendly matches my attention can drift from the game due to all the subs coming and going. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

You’re not misremembering, that did happen.