Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, derektaylor84 said:

I did notice today that Levein was at the front of the technical area giving out instructions most of time with Kirk sitting on the bench for the most of the game which was the opposite to the last home game against Morton. 

Does Levein take charge in the must win matches and let Kirk take control in certain matches.? 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Reckon Levein was doing that today to try and save his job and give Mr Webb the impression he knows what he is doing.

Hopefully Mr Webb will not be fooled...

19 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Reckon Levein was doing that today to try and save his job and give Mr Webb the impression he knows what he is doing.

Hopefully Mr Webb will not be fooled...

Aye possibly, I think the fact the starting team was pretty much square pegs in square holes in a basic formation seemed to suggest he organised them today. 

27 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

Aye possibly, I think the fact the starting team was pretty much square pegs in square holes in a basic formation seemed to suggest he organised them today. 

I'd say the starting 11 in those positions is probably our best line up bar maybe the CM. It worked against inferior opposition, will it work against Premiership sides? Time will tell. I also thought the subs were just to give game time. I'd hope if everyone was fit and Cami got injured it would be a straight swap with Sprangler if that was a premiership game. No fannying about with formations with players playing out of position.

Strikers looked good today. Adamas agent trying to punt him to all and sundry and he's not even the best striker we have, Benji is THE man.

3 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Nice we stat for you all. Benji (5 goals) is currently only 1 goal short of the top scorer from the whole of last season Clark (6 goals in all comps). 

Its the main thing Levein deserves credit for, IMO, that. His signing of Sidibeh and Kimpioka, in a January window, was unbelievable.

Sidibeh, Kimpioka, Ikpeazu, Clark, Kirk, if they all remain fit and are in form, is enough to keep us up if the goalkeeper/defence/midfield is competent IMO.

2 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Ah well. That's a shame. 

Yeah I think we saw today the issues there, despite the scoreline.

Someone might have said it already but who could have guessed that playing players in their best roles makes a big difference. 

While it wasn't some wild miracle some of the more creative players were able at times to make things happen. We actually created chances at least. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The average age of our squad is potentially about to go up significantly. 

42?

Always feel for goalkeepers when it doesn't go smoothly. Rae might well be a good keeper but you' can't have situations like the second goal against Alloa then follow it up with the East Fife goal today.

Both were independently poor but unacceptable at any professional level.

Neither goal was about level either. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I thought this would eventually happen, more so after the last couple of games.

Maybe Zander has given him some positive feedback about us?

I know some people have asked, why would he leave Hearts?

But if he's going to get one last shot at being a number one in the top league, then I'm not surprised he'd want to give it a go.

Maybe he'll get involved a bit in the coaching side as well?

It'll also be beneficial for Rae and Sinclair to get some advice and mentoring from somebody with his amount of experience.

Plus, he is still of course, a top keeper, and the defence should feel more comfortable knowing he's behind them, organising and controlling things.

Good move all round I think, if it goes ahead.

I notice somebody has already tried to update his Wikipedia page, but they've messed up the formatting.

Must have been Roddy. 😂

Agree Rae had a howler for East Fife’s goal but both first 2 goals start form 2 amazing passes from him. It was the first real bits of play that cut them open and made the difference. Def feels like he will be a huge asset when counter attacking. 

But I think having an experienced No.1 to compete and steady the ship is a no brainier. 

Just now, supersaint44 said:

Agree Rae had a howler for East Fife’s goal but both first 2 goals start form 2 amazing passes from him. It was the first real bits of play that cut them open and made the difference. Def feels like he will be a huge asset when counter attacking. 

But I think having an experienced No.1 to compete and steady the ship is a no brainier. 

Not sure that 2 smashes up the park count as amazing passes