Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Dunno, not sure how you could compare the right wing rioters, who waved union Jack's, trashed places, sung about a group of immigrants to go home and stole stuff, to rangers fa...... oh. 🤔

Throw the book at them and if Rangers as a club had anything about them, they'd wade in to even with a bland statement about the club not condoning them etc.

I'd say ideally ban them, but you can guarantee police Scotland would come out with some nonsense about being bigger disorder with their fans turning up with no tickets, so if we have to have them, main stand but only and charge £200 a ticket, no pie stall and ticket proceeds going to a charity supporting women suffering from violence and make it all very very public. 

Love this. Tap water available only and surround their wee zone with hundreds of police and stewards so it is absolutely clear the rest of society wants nothing to do with these rats.

If St Johnstone or any other club decide to do something about Rangers, they need to make sure that they don't focus on an isolated incident. Not every Rangers fan is assaulting women or cutting about with Nazi flags, but the vast majority of their away fans are sectarian and the club clearly empowers its fans to behave like this.

Go for the club and its 'culture' as opposed to individual scumbags. 

38 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I take Bev after all of it is "okay" considering after it? 

No physical injuries? I imagine shaken by it!

Physically, a lump on the head and feeling a bit tender, god knows what mentally, is what I heard.

The Grammar and Muirton will have made this a walk in the park for her though.

I'm sure Double Deluxe could give an update.

Edited by tree house tam

Not for the right reasons of course but your club certainly can’t be accused of being boring so far this season (not making light of yesterday of course), you’ve been in the news every week it seems.

7 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

Just for clarity - Bev isn't just a 'wee lassie' she is genuinely one of the most accomodating and helpful people in Scottish Football. One of those people that makes the thing work. Absolutely disgusting to see that happen to her.

Hopefully this experience doesn't see her jack it in, she would be virtually impossible to replace and the game would be worse for her loss.

Sorry mate wasn’t trying to demean her importance. Just saw a photo of her online and decided she was wee 👍

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

If St Johnstone or any other club decide to do something about Rangers, they need to make sure that they don't focus on an isolated incident. Not every Rangers fan is assaulting women or cutting about with Nazi flags, but the vast majority of their away fans are sectarian and the club clearly empowers its fans to behave like this.

Go for the club and its 'culture' as opposed to individual scumbags. 

That's the way to go if anyone wanted to ban them IMO, kick it back onto the 'authorities', complaints have been made and you do nothing about the sectarian chanting, we are trying to encourage families and children, and we do not wish them to be subjected to this bile, they've no reply to that, but unfortunately money talks.

If Saints feel we can’t do without their cash, then we should control who buys the tickets. Don’t give them an allocation, they have to apply to St Johnstone to buy them with ID.  Sell to rangers fans over 50, under 12 and female only.

Any male fans between 12-50 that want to attend have to be accompanied by a couple of children under 12 or a female.

Any males alone or in groups at the turnstiles, with or without a ticket, are refused entry, that’s the condition when you buy a ticket.

If rangers can’t police their own support, we should do it for them. When they visit McDiarmid it’s predominately men in their support, very few kids or families. Same with Celtic. 

It’d be like a cleansing of their support until they learn how to behave properly.

I'm really not sure it's legal to refuse tickets to people based on age/gender. 

I think realistically the demands to ban them etc simply won't happen. I can't see the club commenting on what happened publicly again. 

Also Saints are probably delighted Rangers handle the ticket sales for their fans now. Saints don't want to have to commit the staff and resources to handle selling and posting to Rangers supporters groups etc. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

The progression of the side in such a short period is really encouraging, although obviously a small sample size. If they can get the last few signings right then maybe we can start to build something at long last.

I wasn't sure about Raymond first couple of times I saw him but he's coming on really well. Sanders has been really good as well, certainly prefer him to McClelland I think. Matt Smith looks like he can offer much more and Kimpioka really benefiting from the opportunity he's getting. Neilson has settled in well.

It's not all perfect, we were badly exposed down our right early on but they did change it and stem it a bit. And throwing 4 strikers on at a goal down is never a tactic.

But rumours of our demise may have been greatly exaggerated.

11 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm really not sure it's legal to refuse tickets to people based on age/gender. 

I think realistically the demands to ban them etc simply won't happen. I can't see the club commenting on what happened publicly again. 

Also Saints are probably delighted Rangers handle the ticket sales for their fans now. Saints don't want to have to commit the staff and resources to handle selling and posting to Rangers supporters groups etc. 

The club just have to say they ‘can’t guarantee the safety of away fans’.

seems to work for other clubs…….

15 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

The club just have to say they ‘can’t guarantee the safety of away fans’.

seems to work for other clubs…….

That doesn't work if you're saying "we're only banning males between the age of 16-50" like being suggested. 

That'd *probably* be seen as discriminatory. 

If Saints wanted to ban them they could, citing dates of every broken seat, every broken toilet, every member of staff abused or assaulted, every instance of bigotry, every time they piss in the carpark, the list is endless and would go back years.

^^^ that there is your case for no away fans and the league wouldn't have a come back. If EVERY club did the same that would be braw, thanks.

Last season one of their fans kicked the traffic cones out the way and drove into the path of fans walking out the east stand. 

I chose to walk in front of him slow as f**k, really riling the f**ker up as he called me every sectarian slur his pea brain could think of. Fans well telling him to stop as that gate was shut. 

The stewards and police stood watching it. If they won’t police them, then the club goes nope they don’t come here, unless they pay the costs to police their own fans, and cover all security costs. 

Hope the person that got assaulted is doing okay. f**king ridiculous thing to happen.

Funnily enough Statement FC Sevco have still not published any statement condemning what happened from what I can see. Absolute shower of cretins, them and their fans.