Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Alan Storrar no longer a director at the club, and apparently new directors "close" to being appointed, with a meeting tomorrow where they maybe get confirmed?

6 hours ago, Radford said:

Add McPake to the bottom list now and probably Sinclair as a keeper seems inevitable after the weekend.

Would leave only 15 or 16 outfield players ahead of new arrivals.

The quality of loan that Sinclair is gonna get is gonna be fairly poor you’d have thought. Same thing happened when he went to Montrose the second time. We’re not organised enough to get him out on loan early. So ends up level below where would be best for his development.

55 minutes ago, Radford said:

That flat pack furniture won't build itself.

Having found out what house he bought, he'd be better spending little on furniture and a lot of flood defences.

Edited by RandomGuy.

33 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

The quality of loan that Sinclair is gonna get is gonna be fairly poor you’d have thought. Same thing happened when he went to Montrose the second time. We’re not organised enough to get him out on loan early. So ends up level below where would be best for his development.

I think he just needs games now tbh, at any level. As much to see if his wrists can cope with it as anything else.

Levein talking about adding a centre back, central midfielder and a left wing back over the next couple of days. 

He's surely bringing in a goalkeeper - those 3 signings could be perfect and we could still end up in trouble if we have Rae between the sticks and he doesn't improve quite drastically quickly. 

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

He's surely bringing in a goalkeeper - those 3 signings could be perfect and we could still end up in trouble if we have Rae between the sticks and he doesn't improve quite drastically quickly. 

I don’t want to turn into Random Guy but if we don’t sign a goalkeeper then we will pretty much be condemning ourselves to a minimum of the play-off. Rae quite simply isn’t good enough so unless he sees Ross as an adequate replacement we need to sign a reliable, experienced keeper. It might be that a Remi Matthew’s type loan would suffice. Random Guy might be able to say who’s out there that’s available but no-one easily comes to mind now that McLaughlin is off the market 

Beginning at this Saturday's home match against Motherwell, Saints fans will have the opportunity to listen to each of the five candidates for the club's new walkout music in real matchday conditions.  

The winning song will be Saints "permanent" walkout music before kickoff; the second most voted song will become the second half walkout music.

The five songs are:

"Thunderstruck" by AC/DC

"Club Foot" by Kasabian

"Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses

"Enter Sandman" by Metallica

"Lose Yourself" by Eminem

Has somebody at the club just been able to impose his favourite songs onto Saints fans for the rest of the season?? 😀

If we have to do this then it’s kasabian or Eminem for me, then thunderstruck.

I take it Adam didn’t like our traditional walk out music?  We’ll be playing in red tops with dragons on as the Fair City Flamethrowers before we know it.

13 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Beginning at this Saturday's home match against Motherwell, Saints fans will have the opportunity to listen to each of the five candidates for the club's new walkout music in real matchday conditions.  

The winning song will be Saints "permanent" walkout music before kickoff; the second most voted song will become the second half walkout music.

The five songs are:

"Thunderstruck" by AC/DC

"Club Foot" by Kasabian

Has somebody at the club just been able to impose his favourite songs onto Saints fans for the rest of the season?? 😀

I take it Adam didn’t like our traditional walk out music?  We’ll be playing in red tops with dragons on as the Fair City Flamethrowers before we know it.

This might be a bit reductive but generally American atmospheres are a bit shit and seem forced, but they do seem to think their College Football entrances are great and I'm sure some if not all of these are used by at least one Uni, maybe he's got visions of us having a Virginia Tech style Enter Sandman entrance.

41 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The five songs are:

"Thunderstruck" by AC/DC

"Club Foot" by Kasabian

All are better options than the current and are supposed to be getting folk pumped up. The Chelsea tune at 2nd half is pish, so anything on that is an improvement.

A lot of NFL teams tie the song into graphics etc on the video screens, so might be that there is a thought towards that here too.

I know some clubs do/did have a player each week choosing the tunes, so possible we could do similar prior to this. Either way, going to need a better sound system for anybof it to really be heard.