Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Would folk take Tommy Wright in a DOF role that would still allow him to do the NI u21 job and someone like a Diarmuid O'Caroll as a head coach? or is what we need now an out and out manager that does the whole lot?

I don't see what he'd add as a DOF, tbh. His signings weren't the best tbh, it was more how he got the most out them and improved them.

Former Celtic captain Scott Brown, who is now managing Ayr United, and Hoops assistant coach John Kennedy are among the contenders for the St Johnstone job. (Scottish Sun), external

Tommy Wright would be a popular choice among fans for a St Johnstone return - and ex-Saints midfielder Nick Dasovic could also be on the club's list to replace Craig Levein. (The Courier)

What the papers say not that anyone believes anything written in The Sun.

No chance of Kennedy leaving Celtic. Brown not proved himself as a manager. An outsiders opinion previous managers Owen Coyle or Tommy Wright probably best bet with a proven number 2.

oh well, as a few have said possibly a bit premature. The true extent of what Avril did in terms of shedding the club of players and replacing them with cheaper  options will be shown in next years books.  I dont doubt for a second he is quite a difficult and stubborn man to work with, but he has done exactly what was required.

Whoever we get in next has to be given till season 2026 no matter what happens this season.  They also can't be given a blank cheque book for January signings and start us back down that road. 

On the plus side we might see some entertainment and most of us would probably accept relegation if we went down scoring and playing exciting football.

30 minutes ago, Kubotalad said:

On the plus side we might see some entertainment and most of us would probably accept relegation if we went down scoring and playing exciting football.

I imagine you'd be in a pretty exclusive group of 1 who really believe that.

45 minutes ago, The Marly said:

That's just about everyone who's been mentioned that you've assured us it definitely won't be. Tell us who it's going to be then.

I can't see him risking adding a Scottish Premiership relegation to an already declining CV. It would kill his career in England.

I think it'll be Rhys McCabe or Tommy Wright. Or the guy hinting at Jim Magilton might know something.