Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I don't have any objections about the folk having interviews. It's an interview FFS. It's exactly the place that sorts out the weak and the gobshites.

I'm not meaning McCabe and Webb by that, although if the term fits...

I actually wouldn't mind Peter Leven out of the 'so called' list but am not against a European manager coming in and bringing loads of exotic named players with him.

Eric Nicolson doesn't sound confident either Leven or Lynch will be persuaded to take it.

Screenshot_20240927_165333_Chrome.thumb.jpg.13692b6997c1122d251fe62ad36bb276.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

Don't like the way this managerial process is playing out publicly. Feels very un-Saints like but, guess with social media, journalists and agents, it's almost impossible to keep things quiet.

If it transpires that the publicly known short-list does not end up with one of them becoming manager, wonder if Saints should look at a potential bottom six competitor's manager - in the hope of resultant turmoil of the other club with their own management successor.

I know it probably sounds a negative approach, but may at least help for this season. Clearly I want long term managerial stability, though.

In such a scenario, I would probably go for Kettlewell. Built a good squad, albeit slightly bloated but partly due to their injury issues. Well organised team and fight for each other. Kettlewell's son is part of Saints youth set up too apparently, so there is that connection too.

Clearly would be delighted if the short-list plan is successful but thought I would throw this scenario out there IF a plan B was required....

20 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Don't like the way this managerial process is playing out publicly. Feels very un-Saints like but, guess with social media, journalists and agents, it's almost impossible to keep things quiet.

Relatively quiet news week and we're playing one of the arse-cheeks so bound to be more focus on Saints - especially when Brown was linked to the job

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Eric Nicolson doesn't sound confident either Leven or Lynch will be persuaded to take it.

Screenshot_20240927_165333_Chrome.thumb.jpg.13692b6997c1122d251fe62ad36bb276.jpg

Is it not his job to find these things out?  Or is the case that, absent being spoon fed by the club, he just churns out superficial drivel?

32 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

In such a scenario, I would probably go for Kettlewell. Built a good squad, albeit slightly bloated but partly due to their injury issues. Well organised team and fight for each other. Kettlewell's son is part of Saints youth set up too apparently, so there is that connection too.

Clearly would be delighted if the short-list plan is successful but thought I would throw this scenario out there IF a plan B was required....

I can't see a single reason why Kettlewell would leave Motherwell for us.

46 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

If it transpires that the publicly known short-list does not end up with one of them becoming manager, wonder if Saints should look at a potential bottom six competitor's manager - in the hope of resultant turmoil of the other club with their own management successor.

I know it probably sounds a negative approach, but may at least help for this season. Clearly I want long term managerial stability, though.

You want Kettlewell to be the next St Johnstone manager, I want Jürgen Klopp to be the next Motherwell manager. Both have got f**k all chance of happening.

1 hour ago, Nat King Goals said:

This kind of reminds me when we tried to get Tommy Burns. Everyone and their uncle knew he was interviewed but we then end up with Billy Stark (who would probably have been Burns’ assistant). Everyone then knew he was second choice at best. Just have to hope we can persuade either Leven or Lynch.

30 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

You want Kettlewell to be the next St Johnstone manager, I want Jürgen Klopp to be the next Motherwell manager. Both have got f**k all chance of happening.

Didn't say I want Kettlewell as next manager and if only folk would read everything I said.

I merely put out a discussion as to IF a plan B were required, almost in a tactical way for league survival, who, IF anyone would / should we try to get.

Similar to when players are brought in to disadvantage a fellow relegation contender (and before you say it, I'm not saying Motherwell are necessarily relegation contenders) - similar to when Chris Woods went to Newcastle from Burnley and pretty much secured Newcastle safety and relegated Burnley.

Plenty other teams other than Motherwell in this league and was just puting it out there and using Motherwell as an example.

If only folk read everything folk wrote on here first before commenting....

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Is it not his job to find these things out?  Or is the case that, absent being spoon fed by the club, he just churns out superficial drivel?

Think he's just expressing an opinion - although names have been leaked I think the club are playing things close to their chest, which is what is frustrating the fans.