Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Callum Davidson, again, mewling his sacking was harsh "because we were 9th, and if that isn't a success for St Johnstone then I don't know what is".

Totally baffles me why he has such a low opinion of what we could achieve considered what he'd seen be achieved.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Callum Davidson, again, mewling his sacking was harsh "because we were 9th, and if that isn't a success for St Johnstone then I don't know what is".

Totally baffles me why he has such a low opinion of what we could achieve considered what he'd seen be achieved.

images.jpeg.e5f2604964f39995603c852568b02172.jpeg

Football baffles the ape.

On 23/10/2024 at 12:06, John Bonham said:

Feckin brexit man, its no wonder folk don’t want to come here and work in our hospitals etc anymore with the amount of hoops they have to jump through. 

An aside but NHS Scotland are telling a majority of newly qualified staff they don't have jobs for them at the moment. Mismanaged by Scot Gov for a long time.

7 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Not got his work permit yet?

Wish Callum Davidson's work permit had been revoked after the double, tbh. Honestly that man just infuriates me. He just does not get it and he's been in and around the club for most of his footballing life. 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's thick as f*ck. 

He sat right beside Tommy Wright and watched the team achieve a shite load more than just narrowly avoiding relegation year in year out.

Obviously the double is something truly remarkable but thank f*ck he's gone.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

f**k off Callum!

1 hour ago, Johnstoun said:

Maybe the interviewer should have told Callum that we’d not finished lower than 8th since coming back up until he took over.

They've not fact checked anything hes spouting, so now history is just being totally rewritten.

Hes claimed he lost virtually the entire team that won the double which led to the 11th placed finish, and he'd had to "reinvigorate the entire club" before winning the double and hes proud of how he managed that. From January to Covid ending the season we'd been the 2nd best side in the country with better form than Rangers before he came in.

My heads gone because we're now going to get weeks of shit from fans/pundits every time we're mentioned about how "stupid" it was to sack him.

Double winning manager, record sale for club as a player, starts and ends his playing career with us....it should be pats on the back and never a drink bought again but somehow and quite remarkably he f**ked that up. He STILL doesn't see what he's done wrong, that's his lasting legacy and that's why a fair percentage of the core support has an underlying hatred for the man. Own your mistakes like reasonable folk do.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

The fact that he has this attitude is one of just many reasons why he had to go. Yes winning the Double was fantastic but it came during a very short period of success for Davidson that really only lasted for about eight months (from roughly the start of 2021 when our league results started to improve, up to August 2021 with our European games). In the months before that run we were largely awful and in the year-and-a-half that followed up until his sacking we were just plain shite.

Within about 15 months of being appointed he'd destroyed everything Tommy Wright and the other managers before him had taken years to build: the battling spirit; the balance of youth and experience; the culture of having players stay with us for years because they were happy here. His tactics were clueless and stubborn, the football was awful, nearly all of his signings were crap, he actively made players worse, he didn't bring a single youth player through into the first team, and he packed the squad with over-the-hill short-term recruits who had zero chance of being sold on for a profit. He completely killed what this club was and, three managers and a new owner later, we're still trying to recover from the mess he left us in.

And I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him for shafting our European hopes by playing our already-knackered first-choice XI against Dundee United only a few days before the most important game in our history against LASK. We were on the verge of something that would have been monumental for this club and, what's more, could have been genuinely achievable, and Davidson's inability to sensibly manage that situation ripped something away from us that we might never get that close to again.

Honestly, I watched that video and I found it difficult to even look at the guy sitting there trying to re-write history after all the damage he did.

I know it's annoying that this post will appear in everyone's feed again, but it's so good that it deserves to be read twice. 

I know more than I probably should about the atmosphere at the club in the period under Davidson and it was a complete shambles. The above is entirely correct but some of the stories I heard were just absolutely wild. No one at the club thought signing Crawford on a 2 and a half year deal (!) was a good idea except Davidson for example. It was all agreed then he expressed regrets immediately after. 

Wages and fees spent were eye watering on players who wouldn't even get on Tommy Wright's bench, all because he fluked the double with King Thomas's squad. 

Think he would have the decency to not turn up to club events given the shambles he's left behind and how contempt he's clearly got for the club but he was more than happy to take the free meal at Geoff's leaving tribute night against Aberdeen. 

The double was great but frankly this now and since the double will always be his legacy. 

There is so many things under Davidson that rightfully piss me off… but the decision as mentioned above to play full strength side against United 4 days before probably the biggest game in the clubs history financially was utterly ridiculous and mind boggling, even more so when you consider the standard of opponent wasn’t particularly great and I think we’d quite possibly have went through had he not played (and lost) with that XI against United.