Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Radford said:

What about xMalice? 

Thought Brown was encouraging last night too. That cross he put in during the first half was delicious. 

I agree, thought looked a decent option for us, certainly didn't look out of place.

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I agree, thought looked a decent option for us, certainly didn't look out of place.

Yeah I thought he was decent, better than I had feared. A couple of wee mis controlled balls but he’ll not be as sharp as someone getting regular games. 

Although he’ll have a job shifting Rooney from that position. Dunno if it’s just me but I think there is an excitement about Rooney the steamroller coming on and I thought he made a difference. He’s an intimidating presence that the opposition don’t fancy facing. Cult hero in the making IMO. 

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

All players go through dips in form, but if that was Hendry/ O'Halloran or Kane performing the way he has been, he'd be getting dogs abuse from Saints' supporters.

Which brings you back to why he isn't getting dogs abuse, which is of course because he has actually been good for Saints at one point. The others? Meh.

I like Stevie May but he isn't representing good value for money at the minute. When he signed we all said if there was one place where he would get some leeway it was here at Saints. Has that now evaporated?

Kane and Melamed are our two best attackers just now, do we risk it and let the others go and bring in new boys? Tough decisions for Callum in the summer, personally I hope he is fucking ruthless.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Which brings you back to why he isn't getting dogs abuse, which is of course because he has actually been good for Saints at one point. The others? Meh.

I like Stevie May but he isn't representing good value for money at the minute. When he signed we all said if there was one place where he would get some leeway it was here at Saints. Has that now evaporated?

Kane and Melamed are our two best attackers just now, do we risk it and let the others go and bring in new boys? Tough decisions for Callum in the summer, personally I hope he is fucking ruthless.

I think he's still got goodwill and something left in the tank with the supporters. However the issues arises that he's now third choice striker and if you ask the majority of fans they'd rather Chris Kane played ahead of him. That is not good, given Kane's misgivings with supporters and the fan base in general.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Aye.

I think Melamed will be away this Summer either way, but he's got the strongest claim on a new deal.

May has history on his side but isn't performing, while Kane is the opposite. May only stays if he takes a hefty wage cut IMO, while Kane needs to be consistent until the end of the season, doesn't deserve a new deal based on 3 good months IMO, however harsh that is.

With the best will in the world, we probably can't afford to release all the players that we currently have. @Radford has made this argument to me a few times regarding Kane, but where do we get a replacement for him that will be as effective as he is and probably as cheap? I think his all round game has improved a lot this season, Macca being back has positively influenced him IMO.

May wont get the same offer from us again I wouldn't have thought. He has a place in this squad but has to accept it's not as the star man.

I think the only players I'd definitely release at this stage are Parish, Bryson and O'Halloran. Brown and Middleton will return to their parent clubs and you'd suspect the likes of Davidson, Craig, Booth etc will be retained as good, experienced pros for our level. Melamed, Tanser and Gilmour are probably the 3 wild cards.

I really hope we're not looking at having to replace 10 or 11 squad players next season, bearing in mind the likes of Kerr and McCann could end up away at any point if someone makes an offer.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

I think Melamed will be away this Summer either way, but he's got the strongest claim on a new deal.

May has history on his side but isn't performing, while Kane is the opposite. May only stays if he takes a hefty wage cut IMO, while Kane needs to be consistent until the end of the season, doesn't deserve a new deal based on 3 good months IMO, however harsh that is.

Why?What makes you think that?

For the record I disagree and think he will be offered 2 year deal

Realistically where is he going to go

He is not going to work this hard to get into a team to start all over again in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

With the best will in the world, we probably can't afford to release all the players that we currently have. @Radford has made this argument to me a few times regarding Kane, but where do we get a replacement for him that will be as effective as he is and probably as cheap? I think his all round game has improved a lot this season, Macca being back has positively influenced him IMO.

May wont get the same offer from us again I wouldn't have thought. He has a place in this squad but has to accept it's not as the star man.

I think the only players I'd definitely release at this stage are Parish, Bryson and O'Halloran. Brown and Middleton will return to their parent clubs and you'd suspect the likes of Davidson, Craig, Booth etc will be retained as good, experienced pros for our level. Melamed, Tanser and Gilmour are probably the 3 wild cards.

I really hope we're not looking at having to replace 10 or 11 squad players next season, bearing in mind the likes of Kerr and McCann could end up away at any point if someone makes an offer.

Bryson was excellent last night!Why would he not get another year?

2 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Because the manager has already talked about having a reduced budget for next season and he's been our least effective midfielder. Last night was definitely his best performance though, more than happy for him to change my mind.

6 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

We'd be potentially in a position where all our first team central midfielders are at an age where they cant regularly complete a full 90 mins. 

Bryson before signing for Saints had completed something like 1 90 mins in 2 years. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

11 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

We'd be potentially in a position where all our first team central midfielders are at an age where they cant regularly complete a full 90 mins. 

Bryson before signing for Saints had completed something like 1 90 mins in 2 years. 

Which is why he has brought in Gilmour, blend the youth in while the old codgers can still play a part. Then bang! We have another young baller like McCann in central midfield. 

We're going to be some side in a couple of years. Some fucking side.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

With those out of contract, I think Tanser in now the priority. 

Craig/Davidson should get new deals and doubt there's much issue there. I'd like a CM in who can replace them though, maybe Gilmour is that?

Booth will be signed on again IMO.

Leaves you Parish, Bryson, Gilmour, Conway, MOH, and and 3 strikers.

Parish will be gone I think, as will MOH barring a purple patch. Gilmour I've no idea about. Bryson/Conway will be a managers call and depends entirely on their wage demands, both shown a use this season, but their age counts against them.

Brown is out of contract this Summer at Millwall I'm sure, so there's there's option there.

Guessing the squad will be reduced so players out and their replacement...

Parish - Sinclair

Brown - Brown on a free

Bryson - Gilmour contract extended/Ballantyne

MOH - New winger

May/Kane/Melamed - Hendry +2

Not a huge transformation, but refreshes the attack with, hopefully, better value for money.

1 hour ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Why?What makes you think that?

For the record I disagree and think he will be offered 2 year deal

Realistically where is he going to go

He is not going to work this hard to get into a team to start all over again in my opinion 

Just a personal opinion tbh.

Felt like his move to us was simple a marriage of convenience. We needed a striker, he wanted to play in the UK. I'd guess his agents will be pushing for the best move he can get in England and I doubt we can match that. More than likely wrong though.

4 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Hope for RandomGuy yet

76FB7961-BF2C-4541-8CAE-7ED4404872B7.png

He's miles better than me tbf, but then again he's been doing it since he was about 12, while I can spend about an hour each night watching stuff 😂

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

But Melamed deserves one based on three starts?

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

32 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

But Melamed deserves one based on three starts?

Kane has been poor for 3 years, and good for 3 months.

May has been poor for half his time back, and good for half his time back, and is apparently our highest earner.

Melamed has played about 500 minutes, has 2 goals, and 3 assists.

To me, Melamed is in the strongest position for a new contract just now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Any news on Murray's injury? Seen last night they didn't know if he required a trip to hospital for a scan at that point. 

Being reported his scan is happening today.