Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

image.jpeg.e330fd2d7e5317f16ecb4d722b5a8df6.jpeg

I’d like Midtjylland. Potentially the more winnable tie. See now that there’s flights to an airport nearby at legoland so easy to get to. 
Decent compact stadium, holds 12,000; with 1000 Saints fans in that corner it could be good...

E83C0A94-CC1D-4C13-92A1-124F9EE99EA0.jpeg.ceccd7931645e887b5c773e72c105d0d.jpeg

but then again Prague wouldn’t be too bad either. 

Sky sports are also reporting Swansea are interested in McCann alongside the old firm.

I’ll be very surprised if he’s here by the end of July.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Sky sports are also reporting Swansea are interested in McCann alongside the old firm.

I’ll be very surprised if he’s here by the end of July.

KhZT.gif.d0f822f91e06da4722d8ecae5520f474.gif

How long does he have left on his contract? If an English club like Swansea 😉 are going for him then the Ducktales gif is very apt IMO.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

How long does he have left on his contract? If an English club like Swansea 😉 are going for him then the Ducktales gif is very apt IMO.

Until 2023.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Until 2023.

7 figures easy then.  

Edit - Rangers and Celtic will offer 300k.

Edited by TheScarf

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

7 figures easy then.  

Edit - Rangers and Celtic will offer 300k.

Chairman was talking about wanting to break our "transfer record" (£1.75m) for him.

Honestly no idea what money we could get for him.

He's 21, a full International with goals, has 2 winners medals, and is just under a season away from 100 top flight games.

Would it be ridiculous to ask for £4m?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Chairman was talking about wanting to break our "transfer record" (£1.75m) for him.

Honestly no idea what money we could get for him.

He's 21, a full International with goals, has 2 winners medals, and is just under a season away from 100 top flight games.

Would it be ridiculous to ask for £4m?

No, An English club will easily pay £4m for an international player.

May as well ask for a chunky figure to begin with, even a club like Swansea will see him as having sell on potential. I'd be starting at 4million and a 25% sell on fee and let them negotiate downwards. The likelihood is somewhere in the 2.5/3million mark, but that sell on needs to stay high as he's definitely got what it takes to be a Premiership player given time and access to a higher quality player around him. He's learnt new skills every season he's been at saints and seems the type of player who'd simply continue to learn and grow, so long as there is someone to teach him.

He's not going to the Glasgow teams, neither can offer him guaranteed football and in Celtic's case they don't even have a manager. Ideally we'd hold on to him until after the European games, maybe there is something we could do with a 6 month loan until Xmas if he does sign on at a team down south, then again he's good enough to go straight into those teams and make an impact.  

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No, An English club will easily pay £4m for an international player.

Be interesting to see the fee anyway. I doubt us, or the player, will be in a stronger position than this Summer, so it's likely the ideal window for us to get a decent fee.

Get £4m for McCann, guaranteed £3m for Europe, and we might even see Steve Brown smile.

Be interesting to see the fee anyway. I doubt us, or the player, will be in a stronger position than this Summer, so it's likely the ideal window for us to get a decent fee.
Get £4m for McCann, guaranteed £3m for Europe, and we might even see Steve Brown smile.
Don't think we are guaranteed 3m for Europe unfortunately. Love seeing Ali doing so well, unfortunately I think he will definitely be gone this summer. Just hope we get the rright money for him.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just imagine how much that kind of money would mean, especially right now. Hypothetically right now of course but It would mean the uncertainty caused by last year or so is pretty much mitigated including if the restrictions come back again etc.

Not for a minute do I think it will or should be spend on players while it's boring it'll make sure McDiarmid is in tip top shape going forward. Important so we don't end up letting it slip and ending up needing to fund the repairs when less financially secure.

Special request for a wee bit of modernisation of the Muirton area would be well received personally. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Just imagine how much that kind of money would mean, especially right now. Hypothetically right now of course but It would mean the uncertainty caused by last year or so is pretty much mitigated including if the restrictions come back again etc.

Not for a minute do I think it will or should be spend on players while it's boring it'll make sure McDiarmid is in tip top shape going forward. Important so we don't end up letting it slip and ending up needing to fund the repairs when less financially secure.

Special request for a wee bit of modernisation of the Muirton area would be well received personally. 

I think this is a fair point, the stadium is in relatively good nick given its age, but a lick of paint and a but of a tidy up wouldn't go amiss. The Muirton does need some redecoration and as a very minimum a new suspended ceiling and carpet. The ones in their right now are rank! You could spend £10k on the Muirton and have it looking a hell of a lot nicer than it currently is, simply by virtue of there being no need for electrical works or anything beyond material changes. 

47 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Don't think we are guaranteed 3m for Europe unfortunately. Love seeing Ali doing so well, unfortunately I think he will definitely be gone this summer. Just hope we get the rright money for him.

Yeah was just thinking best case scenario.

Could make a fortune this season.

42 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Think you'd need to get the mix right. No point raking in millions then letting Kerr/McCart/Rooney leave for nothing. If we could sweeten their paws to extend their deals it would be well worth it IMO.

If there's any owners youd expect to spend it correctly its ours though, tbf.