Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Radford said:

The chairman brought it on himself a little bit with the lack of clarity in his comments but the club haven't lost £2 million during the pandemic, that is the reduction in cash flow, in and out of the club. He was demonstrating the scaling back of the business over the past year. 

Of course, some of that £2 million is money in but there will have been significant savings made as well, especially since the stadium has essentially been shut for 14 months.

We've also made around £500k in prize money for the cup wins, plus money for finishing 5th.

🏆🏆

We've also made around £500k in prize money for the cup wins, plus money for finishing 5th.
[emoji471][emoji471]

I’d also hope the money we’d get from UEFA for being involved in QR3 and either the EL or Conference play off will be fairly decent, even taking into consideration travel expenses.

Obviously pie in the sky as the money involved would be many millions, but if we make £15 from winning the Europa  😃 next season, I'd be investing in the stadium as well.  

I'd knock the East Stand down and rebuild it the same as the Main Stand. More room under the stand for supporters lounges, family lounges, more catering points with big areas supporters can congregate before the match and at HT, as well as a far bigger supporters bar so the Muirton could be for more away fans.  More disabled areas.  Have collection points where folk have ordered food from their phone and they just go to pick it up it.   Better view with the steeper rows, more leg room. Have the end up by the scoreboard safe standing for folk that want to bounce around to generate a better atmosphere.  Don't think the capacity of the Main Stand and East Stand are that different so wouldn't increase the stadium capacity much.

£5m should cover it. Job done.

🏆🏆

48 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Obviously pie in the sky as the money involved would be many millions, but if we make £15 from winning the Europa  😃 next season, I'd be investing in the stadium as well.  

I'd knock the East Stand down and rebuild it the same as the Main Stand. More room under the stand for supporters lounges, family lounges, more catering points with big areas supporters can congregate before the match and at HT, as well as a far bigger supporters bar so the Muirton could be for more away fans.  More disabled areas.  Have collection points where folk have ordered food from their phone and they just go to pick it up it.   Better view with the steeper rows, more leg room. Have the end up by the scoreboard safe standing for folk that want to bounce around to generate a better atmosphere.  Don't think the capacity of the Main Stand and East Stand are that different so wouldn't increase the stadium capacity much.

£5m should cover it. Job done.

🏆🏆

I would hold off a couple of years after that until we've won the champions league, get drafted into the epl and start picking up our sky money and build a floating stadium on the tay.

That's the best option.

I would hold off a couple of years after that until we've won the champions league, get drafted into the epl and start picking up our sky money and build a floating stadium on the tay.
That's the best option.

Float down and point and laugh at Dundee during half time. What a concept.

21 minutes ago, robosaintee said:

That's the best option.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Float down and point and laugh at Dundee during half time. What a concept.

This could be a goer...

🏆🏆

On 05/05/2021 at 07:57, Radford said:

Was just looking back at this. 

Clive started off with the Old Firm and "leading clubs" in England : https://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-radar-st-johnstone-ace-targeted-by-spl-efl-clubs/

We then had Barnsley (in Championship play-offs) and the biggest club in League One:

When the local press scuppered Clive's plans with the revelation that Mansfield (17th in League Two) had been to watch him, Clive bounced back by just sticking pins in his big football map and deciding to go for quantity over quality:

Never trust a man called Clive. 

And he's back...

Never change, Clive. Never change.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

I’d also hope the money we’d get from UEFA for being involved in QR3 and either the EL or Conference play off will be fairly decent, even taking into consideration travel expenses.

€280k for third qualifying round of the Europa League apparently. Not to shabby. 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/stakeholders/news/0253-0f8e6d83afa2-0904576faee6-1000--2019-20-uefa-club-competitions-revenue-distribution-system/?referrer=%2Finsideuefa%2Fstakeholders%2Fclubs%2Fnews%2Fnewsid%3D2616265

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

First Team

Guy Melamed
John Robertson
Craig Conway

Development

Olly Hamilton
Ben Finnan
Michael MacFarlane
Lennon Smith
Aiden Walsh

The following players will return to their parent clubs.

Loan Expiring

James Brown
Glenn Middleton

We are in contract negotiations with the following players.

Contract Expiring

Scott Tanser
Michael O’Halloran

Release list as above. Wonder how much Clive demanded of us to retain Melamed.

Edit: Davidson confirms that we're hoping to sign 'one or two' before the start of the new season and we're in talks to sign James Brown.

Edited by Kyle

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

That update also says we are trying to get Brown back. No mention of doing the same thing for Middleton though, not sure if reading too much into that

Middleton still contracted to Rangers for 2 more years. We would need to negotiate a fee with Rangers

Brown has been freed by Millwall so hence able to try and sign

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark - 2022

Elliot Parish - 2022

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2022

Defenders 

Shaun Rooney - 2022

Jason Kerr - 2022

Liam Gordon - 2022

Jamie McCart - 2022

Sam Denham - 2022

Callum Booth - 2022

Midfielders

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Murray Davidson - 2022

Ali McCann - 2023

Craig Bryson - 2022

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Liam Craig - 2022

Cammy Ballantyne - 2022 (?)

Alex Ferguson - 2023 

Jordan Northcott - 2022

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Callum Hendry - 2022

Offered New/permanent contract

James Brown

Scott Tanser

Michael O’Halloran

Left the club 

Craig Conway (released)

Aaron Steele (signed for east fife)

Olly Hamilton (released)

John Robertson (released)

Guy Melamed (released)

Loan expired

Glenn Middleton 

James Brown

Edited by Kyle

I’d fully expect us to make another loan offer for Middleton.

And I would think Rangers would be agreeable to it, he’s still fairly young and Gerrard seems determined for him to make it.