Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

What happened to the two signings we were supposed to be making by the end of the week ? 
Up until yesterday, all available resources were involved in trying to arrange a country, stadium, flights, accommodation etc due to the debacle UEFA created. I would expect movement this week now the UEFA situation has been resolved.

25 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
51 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:
What happened to the two signings we were supposed to be making by the end of the week ? 

Up until yesterday, all available resources were involved in trying to arrange a country, stadium, flights, accommodation etc due to the debacle UEFA created. I would expect movement this week now the UEFA situation has been resolved.

Some people will moan just for the sake of moaning.

Probably will now moan that you told them rather than Saints. 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Some people will moan just for the sake of moaning.

Probably will now moan that you told them rather than Saints. 

It was hardly moaning. Only asking the question. Maybe the deals were off or the players had signed for other teams 

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Maybe one, both or more have been made but they just aren't at stage where they can announce them yet? 

9 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

No 'meltdown' at all, simply curious. All seemed a bit strange. 

I'm only joking, tbh.

It's just nice seeing other people panic during a transfer window and not me.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm only joking, tbh.

It's just nice seeing other people panic during a transfer window and not me.

Fair enough.

Lovely day, late lunch, cold beers in the garden and looking forward to the Galatasaray game which wasn't looking likely only 2 days ago. Certainly no panics or meltdowns here. 

We might be in that classic 'one good signing away from ...' situation that fans of so many clubs think they're in this time of year, and yes some firepower would not go amiss, but I think most Saints fans have rarely been so relaxed going into the start of a season because this year it looks like we've got the resources in place to make the right decisions.

Also unbeaten in the pre-seasons which doesn't mean a lot but is nice nonetheless. 

Important to remember with Hendry that he’s only 23, and has probably played less than 100 games. I get that you can only persevere with him for so long, but I think once he gets a goal or two things will turn. 

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Important to remember with Hendry that he’s only 23, and has probably played less than 100 games. I get that you can only persevere with him for so long, but I think once he gets a goal or two things will turn. 

I think @RandomGuy. might need to repost that 'popcorn' gif ....

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

His body language is awful, as soon as he gives the ball away or misses a chance his shoulders slump and then you spend the rest of the game worried he’ll make a silly challenge and get sent off. The sooner he’s gone the better 

It was hardly moaning. Only asking the question. Maybe the deals were off or the players had signed for other teams 
As with alot of things, covid has impacted most of football. In regards to recruitment, all potential signings go through detailed medicals ( usually at hospitals). Now just now trying to get yourself to hospital for anything these days, it's quite a bit of planning, PCR testing etc. I would imagine that putting players through medicals etc will now take longer. No longer of just phoning up and booking an afternoon testing.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Quite worried that Sheerin will take one of your two cart horse strikers for us if you try and offload them on loan.

The last one we took was David McMillan and that was plenty, thanks.

Whos our "two" carthorse strikers?

13 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Any truth that there was a scout from Bournemouth at the game yesterday?

Were they not linked with Kerr a few weeks back?

Would guess theres a smattering of scouts at most of our games these days, tbh.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Quite worried that Sheerin will take one of your two cart horse strikers for us if you try and offload them on loan.

The last one we took was David McMillan and that was plenty, thanks.

Which one can I interest you in? The 3 time major trophy winner and Scotland cap Stevie May, the 2 time major trophy winner Chris Kane or Callum Hendry? 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Were they not linked with Kerr a few weeks back?

Would guess theres a smattering of scouts at most of our games these days, tbh.

Yup - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7330612/st-johnstone-kerr-mccart-rooney-wanted-english-clubs/

Believe it was Mark Burchill that was in attendance.