Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, TractorBoy said:

Loves a defender so he does

So he Deas* 

I think this is a good signing if it comes to be honest. Means we’ve got a long term replacement for McCart and, it offers come in for him, we can get something for him this month. 

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Another defender?

Makes a bit of sense as a replacement for McCart but is it putting too much faith in Ciftci and *sigh* Crawford?

Or are we getting more signings in?

Nicholson mentioned a midfielder then gambles later in the window yesterday. Still 18 days left in the window, this feels to me like a good, long term signing. 

Yes. I thought this window would all be about stop gaps to keep us up.  But the age and lengths of contracts of Cleary and Gallacher, as well as Deas and Rudden if we can get either, or hopefully both, are certainly longer term moves looking into next season and beyond.

Could suggest McCart or Rooney being cashed in during the window? If we cover our outlay on a new player with a fee for either then thats good business for us.

Looking at Deas’ background, very similar to McCart, Celtic youth, loan spell at Alloa (and elsewhere) and signed by Inverness.  Both Scotland under 19 internationals.

Reading that Deas has 18 months left on his contract, so Inverness won’t be keen to sell being involved in a battle for promotion.

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes. I thought this window would all be about stop gaps to keep us up.  But the age and lengths of contracts of Cleary and Gallacher, as well as Deas and Rudden if we can get either, or hopefully both, are certainly longer term moves looking into next season and beyond.

Could suggest McCart or Rooney being cashed in during the window? If we cover our outlay on a new player with a fee for either then thats good business for us.

I think if we paid £150k for deas and got that or more for McCart, I'd say it would be a good bit if business.

If we do sign Deas, we could be in a very unusual position for Saints of being potentially close to being able to field a majority of starting 11 born in Perth. May, Gordon, Wothersoon, Deas all realistic and potentially Sinclair and Northcott in a year or two.

7 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think if we paid £150k for deas and got that or more for McCart, I'd say it would be a good bit if business.

If we do sign Deas, we could be in a very unusual position for Saints of being potentially close to being able to field a majority of starting 11 born in Perth. May, Gordon, Wothersoon, Deas all realistic and potentially Sinclair and Northcott in a year or two.

I was wondering what we could get for McCart. I’d be surprised if it was higher than £150k. 

Using Kennedy as a benchmark; He was our best player and in good form when he left, and we only got £70,000 for him.

Suppose it depends how badly teams want McCart. Seems to be accepted that’s he’ll be moving on either now or at the end of the season, and won’t be signing an extension with us.