Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

LINEUP111651387263587.thumb.png.c440cb6e286582d2d1366770101c8ab6.png

Early morning baby feed mind has this as my thoughts for next season, just now. With the caveat that we've still no idea how Mahon will get on for us.

Punt: MacPherson, Crawford, MOH and May

Loan to Championship (if we stay up): Gilmour, Ballantyne, Max, Bair

The new manager can make a judgement call on Vertainens future but I think he deserves a chance. Ballantyne maybe needs to step up now too but ideally Montrose are in the Championship next season. Maybe even depend on how fucked Wotherspoon is.

New DM has to be defensively sound and comfortable in possession, we need pace on the wings, and a striker who can actually link with those around him. We've probably already lost out on those who you'd consider perfect signings though, seeing as most normal clubs start making moves in February for their Summer signings.

Lack of sleep is effecting you, Gordon should be dropped too.

I'd be inclined to try Mahon and Cleary as the centre pairing in a 4.

Genuinely feel the club have nothing to lose now in parting with him immediately.
We could lose the next three or five games and would still be in a better place than we are right now with the prospect of Callum Davidson leading us next season.
Start moving the club forward today, not in a month's time.

Didn’t we do this when Coyle took over Connolly?

I said last night to others that I suspect the conversations about what happens going forward are happening already. There’s no way the Browns are happy with how this seasons gone.

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Didn’t we do this when Coyle took over Connolly?

I said last night to others that I suspect the conversations about what happens going forward are happening already. There’s no way the Browns are happy with how this seasons gone.

I wouldn't be so sure. I can see them giving him another season no matter which division we're in.

Is that fair and proper? Not in my mind, he's failing in every department for me.

Still can’t see it happening. Davidson got a bumper 3 year deal at the start of this season in the hope someone down south would poach him and we’d get good compensation.

Just can’t see the Brown’s sacking him and having to pay him 2 years wages, as well as paying his replacement.

It would have to be mutual.  As long as we’re in this division I’d be amazed if we got rid, regardless of how poor we are, rightly or wrongly.

Even if we do go down I think they’d give him time to see if we looked on course to come straight back up.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Really hope you are correct. The chairman can't be naive, if/when he sacks Davidson, the focus will turn on him but you can't hide from that.

We've been luckier since February but not much more. Zander Clark has had a good season and Callum Hendry can hold his head high but what has our season really been since the mass investment in January? 

11 goals in 15 games. Hendry has scored 7 of them. So the rest of the squad have contributed 4 goals in 3 months. Two were headers from set plays, the other two were from Ali Crawford.

There could be a contractual reason that it will be easier to sack him if we go down and I suppose we'll just need to suck that up but doing nothing once the games are done and going into summer will be more inexcusable than anything that has gone on before. 

If this club legend wants to rinse the club for a three-year pay-off then that's fine. But it won't be forgotten. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Lack of sleep is effecting you, Gordon should be dropped too.

I'd be inclined to try Mahon and Cleary as the centre pairing in a 4.

Aye Gordon's been poor but I'm hoping Mahon is a big physical lump who would compliment him well.

I've even got doubts about Hallberg a bit tbh, think he benefits from how shit we've been in terms of how he's viewed, but hope a better side would see a better version of him.

Hallberg has gone from season saviour to Gary McDonald. Him, Sang, and Cleary of the starting January recruits have all got worse. Something rotten in the squad...even if you blame that on the existing players collectively, I don't see how you can absolve the manager of blame for the attitude / mentality of his team. 

What we have paid in wages and fees we probably could of punted CD in January, kept the loan guys we had and been in the same position to be honest

It's not like half of them are even playing and the ones that are are if I'm being kind are marginally, not by any great degree better than the young lads we sent back  

On 20/04/2022 at 13:41, ZingaliMan said:

Planing a trip to Perth next week. Is it possible to purchase away tickets at the stadium on match days  ? 

Joiner, are you...

As expected, Robert Thomson has come out swinging for Davidson.

Apparently we all have an personal agenda against the manager, the issues at the club are all above Davidson and are whats causing him to fail, and if we didn't have injuries we'd be more than safe.

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

#HystericalSackTheManagerMob

It's mad. He's yet another who's using Tommy Wright's success over a long period to defend Davidson.

Of course you will get a hysterical aspect to all movements but the idea that people aren't intelligent enough to weigh up situations and come to a (hard) choice is so counterproductive. 

It's then up to people to make a case purely for Davidson staying in position. Not blurring the lines by talking about other issues that may well need addressed but remain separate to the man coaching and managing the squad he does have at his disposal.  

My suspicion is the next local press move will be to try and paint the #HystericalSackTheManagerMob as a fringe of internet weirdos who don't represent the person on the street. 

Will any break ranks and actually convey the feelings of a significant chunk of the support? Not even specifically about timings or sackings, just that we are really unhappy with the situation? I won't hold my breath.

Edited by Radford