Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

You don’t want to kick Callum when he’s down, but that interview with Wee Max makes me wonder how many others feel the same way. 

Wee Max not holding back this morning.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23492040.max-kucheriavyi-details-st-johnstone-frustration/

He said: “I signed a new deal until 2025 at St Johnstone.

“I have spoken to Gus MacPherson and Liam Craig but they have a lot going on there right now with the group they have right now.

“I am sure we will get to talk at some point.

“I thought I had a good pre-season this year after good loan spells last season but I don’t think I got my chance.

“I played against Celtic and then I played 20 minutes after that. Sometimes you wonder what you have to do to be playing.

“Was I frustrated? Yes. I thought I played well against Celtic but then I was on the bench or in the stand.

“But I try to be the best version of myself and I would never go to the manager and tell him he has to play me.

“I respected any decision the manager made. He is the man in charge and he has his ideas and I respect that.

Things can change quite rapidly in football but it's clear as day that Max was/is earmarked for next season, whether that is the right choice is another matter. Who's place in the side is he taking? The obvious choices are Murphy or Wotherspoon and on this seasons showings that shouldn't be too hard for the laddie.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Things can change quite rapidly in football but it's clear as day that Max was/is earmarked for next season, whether that is the right choice is another matter. Who's place in the side is he taking? The obvious choices are Murphy or Wotherspoon and on this seasons showings that shouldn't be too hard for the laddie.

I don’t think he was at the stage of starting every game this season, but so often after his performance v Celtic I was looking on thinking nothing ventured nothing gained. Can understand his frustration for sure. 

I don’t mind reading that, should he have played more this season for us absolutely he should have. Does the above come across as someone determined to be the best version of themselves and not just coast, again yes. Which is exactly the sort of attitude you want any player to have. 

Given how awful Davidson was at interviewing in the press, people skills even worse than our future and current Tesla owner, I can’t say I’m surprised to hear he managed/communicated with Kucheriavyi so poorly. Double aside, which was obviously an achievement for the ages in Scottish football, Davidson is a walking managerial red flag.

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Given how awful Davidson was at interviewing in the press, people skills even worse than our future and current Tesla owner, I can’t say I’m surprised to hear he managed/communicated with Kucheriavyi so poorly. Double aside, which was obviously an achievement for the ages in Scottish football, Davidson is a walking managerial red flag.

Some of the stories I've heard about him and his man management skills (or lack of them) makes you shudder. It's no shock he was getting nothing from players when he went weeks without speaking to some of them 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Things can change quite rapidly in football but it's clear as day that Max was/is earmarked for next season, whether that is the right choice is another matter.

Guess the question is did Max have any faith in Davidson actually backing up on his promises. I imagine that determines how frustrated you get when being loaned out season after season

The funny thing is with Davidson that I only recently got round to reading the ‘make mine a double - lockdown legends’ book with all the interviews in.

So many mention how great it was to work with Davidson and his enthusiasm, both before and after he got the job.

Then you hear the stories about how poor he was at communicating with players and staff. Wonder if it was a build up of stress and pressure? Completely different being the top man.

Luckily we have Max signed up, or with everything going on could have seen him signing elsewhere as the club took their eye off the ball and didn’t/ couldn’t  make future plans.

Just now, tree house tam said:

With the money that'll be pumped into Saints next season you'll be saying "Barry who?"

If we remain in the division. 

Is it sad that a friend and I spent hours last night researching rich Americans linked to Scottish football and we think we’ve worked it out? 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Is it sad that a friend and I spent hours last night researching rich Americans linked to Scottish football and we think we’ve worked it out? 

Some might say sad but it probably better use of time than watching some utter crap on TV or Netflix 😂

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

And who did you come up with?

I mean, there is a rich Scottish heritage American flying in today to play golf. 🤪 Imagine the reactions if he ploughed some money in? 😂 would get very Stormy! 

Being serious though, I think we all know/suspect, it will be someone with not massively deep pockets or wanting to make us some kind of massive force in Scottish football. Fully expect Utd style owners who want to own a football club in Europe that if lucky, turns a small profit and can be used as either a stepping stone to something else or improved a bit and then sold on for a profit in a few years. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

25 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Go on…