Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Probably the first free transfer to be excited about in quite some time. Really pleased to see us targeting a player in this way and not just signing recognisable names from 2014. Still a lot of work to (only 20% there if we are making 5 signings) but an encouraging start. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Never the most reliable source but they did break the news about Hayden Muller iirc 

Think a lot of their stuff is agent fed nonsense, but seems a legit source from the O'Rourke chap.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think a lot of their stuff is agent fed nonsense, but seems a legit source from the O'Rourke chap.

Just having a rummage through there, was them that had the stuff about Melamed going to Sunderland/Portsmouth/Ipswich - so aye agent stuff. 

10 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Who might have been the target he missed out on yesterday? 

What players joined someone else yesterday...

Think Balogun was the only one this side of the border yesterday. Doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve been announced yet though. Could also be they’ve turned down our offer. 

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

getting slapped about by the ASC.

As every 14 year old laddie trying to fight grown men should. At least I tried :lol: , a lot of folk would shite it. That was about the last decade you lot won something as well, the glorious 80s. We were also outnumbered by about 10-1 by the way, 10 adults to batter each wee kid, hard as f**k that ASC.

Edited by tree house tam

41 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

As every 14 year old laddie trying to fight grown men should. At least I tried :lol: , a lot of folk would shite it. That was about the last decade you lot won something as well, the glorious 80s. We were also outnumbered by about 10-1 by the way, 10 adults to batter each wee kid, hard as f**k that ASC.

Knew it.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Got my own back a few times after that pal, no hard feelings as I was a wee fanny  back then and more than deserved it.

I've never met an ASC member that I didn't think was a cock, mate.

At least you hadn't in you to tell them 🤣

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The wains fully turned on Davidson, as Ali Crawford the latest to publicly complain.

Cant see him playing much under MacLean unless he massively improves at winning the ball back

Screenshot_20230713_102218_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b73a8f75ce5f94d73aa7d62cd3043003.jpg

This is fantastic. Get a 2.5 year deal out of him that no one else in their right mind would have offered, then put the boot in as soon as he's out the door. Respect

4 minutes ago, monkfish said:

This is fantastic. Get a 2.5 year deal out of him that no one else in their right mind would have offered, then put the boot in as soon as he's out the door. Respect

Just another signing who personally anyway believed they were played out of their best position/role.

10 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Aye.

Wasnt a fan of Davidson, and agree with complaints from players, but some are definitely just seeing him as an easy victim to try and excuse their own failings.

Crawford didnt flop with us because of Davidson, he flopped because he can't/won't defend from midfield and doesnt offer nearly enough on the ball to make up for it.

A sub role is the best he'll get in the top flight no matter what system he plays in, as nobody is building a team around him anymore, so he should probably just accept that.

Is he really any better suited to how MacLean wants to play than Davidson? The high pressing game Macca speaks of is definitely not Crawford’s game. Might have a role to play out left, I suppose, but the drop off from Ballantyne to him in terms of off the ball is quite dramatic. 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wasnt a fan of Davidson, and agree with complaints from players, but some are definitely just seeing him as an easy victim to try and excuse their own failings.

This is pretty much how I see this particular dig.