Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 13/07/2023 at 13:20, Costanza said:

Any sightings of this keeper in the Crieff Road Tesco?  Starting to get Lars Gunnar Karlstrand vibes here.

Nae dogs scuppering this one thankfully.  Hopefully more on the way soon.  Players that is.   

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Nothing of note on that Cambridge forum yet. 

Those on twitter seem pretty upset by us signing him weirdly. Which I suppose is a good sign.

Usual English leagues pish that he is now playing at a national league level as player x who was down there signed for Livi or county or something.

Anyhow, good that we have at least signed someone and let's hope others follow. Assuming he is able to make the step up, he must be thinking he can get in the Bulgaria squad while at us. 

Living in Cambridge, I've seen him a few times over the last couple of seasons. Surprised he's made the move to Perth, I would have expected him to find a bigger club. He's been one of the better keepers in League 1 over the last couple of seasons. Decent signing for you IMO

41 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Those on twitter seem pretty upset by us signing him weirdly. Which I suppose is a good sign.

Usual English leagues pish that he is now playing at a national league level as player x who was down there signed for Livi or county or something.

Anyhow, good that we have at least signed someone and let's hope others follow. Assuming he is able to make the step up, he must be thinking he can get in the Bulgaria squad while at us. 

Sideways at best…

Taken MacLean half a window to get a prime age, good, keeper on a 2yr deal.

Its a very good start and if the next few signings are similar, then excited to see what happens after 3/4 windows.

Goalkeepers 

Dimitar Mitov - 2025

Ross Sinclair - 2024 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Liam Gordon - 2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Liam Parker - 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Midfielders/wingers

Drey Wright - 2024

Max Kucheriavyi - 2025

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024 

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

Alex Ferguson - 2025 

Graham Carey - 2024

Attackers

Stevie May - 2025

Nicky Clark - 2025

Chris Kane - January 2024  

Taylor Steven - 2024

Loans ended 

Remi Matthews

Alex Mitchell 

Adam Montgomery 

Connor McLennan 

Zak Rudden

Left the club 

Elliot Parish

Bobby Dailly

David Wotherspoon 

Spencer Moreland 

William Sandford

Murray Davidson

Melker Hallberg

Charlie Gilmour

Michael O’Halloran 

Jamie Murphy

Eetu Vertainen

Theo Bair

The standard of the one signing we've made as well as the performances shown by the young players in pre-season makes me feel more optimistic about the future than I've felt for a while. 

Was a baw hair away from adding McCrystal, Franczak and Mylchreest to the squad list above because of the levels they produced against East Fife but will wait to see if any of them (or indeed any of the other young players) make any appearances/impression in the league cup first. 

Edited by Kyle

6 hours ago, The Marly said:

Gordon, Wright, Phillips, Ballantyne and Sinclair being the priorities for me.

Ballantyne and Sinclair? I'd have them down as unproven and expendable at the moment. We should always have a core group signed long term though, just not the likes of Crawford and McPherson.

Anyway, it's actual Game day, like proper, hallefuckinglujah. The things I like about the Macca revolution are he keeps it simple, it's a simple game. The focus is on working hard first and foremost, not asking players to do things they're not comfortable with. Being adaptable with formations and having the balls to throw young players in. If you look back at every successful side you've probably watched they are all key components. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by tree house tam